Construction Inspector – Bridge Structures
Field Location, CA
Construction Inspector – Transportation Infrastructure – Northern California
Parsons is now hiring for an immediate role for a Construction Inspector to support a soldier pile ground anchor walls, various bridge constructions, and bridge maintenance projects in Northern California, including Mendocino, Humboldt, Del Norte. Lake, Shasta, Butte, Yuba and Placer counties. These projects have a projected duration of 9 months, with a possibility of extension beyond that time period as well. You will perform as a Assistant Structures Rep interfacing between Caltrans and the Contractors for project support and inspections as well. Daily per diem is provided for this role, and a company vehicle as well. This role will be based at a client field office in Mendocino County, or potentially in other locations in Northern California. These positions will be hired initially on a casual on call basis, with a potential for full-time conversion as well.
- You will review submittals, change orders, perform constructability reviews, and coordinate inspections when needed as well.
- Active Assistant Structure Rep supporting various facets of construction process for intricate build of various structure constructions such as Retaining Walls, CIP and precast bridges, steel bridge retrofit/paint and maintenance projects.
- Performs difficult and complex field engineering assignments involving the development, execution, supervision, and coordination of all technical aspects of a construction project.
- Maintains first-level quality assurance to confirm that the installation of all work is in accordance with the plans, specifications, and industry standards. May supervise the construction engineering work and provide technical expertise.
- Ensures that tests and inspections are performed, witnessed, and documented in accordance with approved procedures.
- Collaborates with construction management to eliminate any hazards associated with the work that may adversely affect the environment or the safety or health of employees. Ensures that personnel of the assigned group engage in safe work practices in compliance with site-specific safety procedures and industry standards.
- Establishes and maintains liaison with the discipline design engineering staff. Reviews and interprets discipline design drawings and specifications to ensure current revision level and correct technical execution of the work.
- Provides resolution for technical engineering problems, and coordinates application of solutions.
- Develops discipline construction schedules and monitors progress. Provides schedule and progress appraisal report to the Construction Manager.
- Monitors material procurement and deliveries to ensure timeliness in support of construction activities and schedule within the assigned discipline. Ensures that materials received meet specifications and established standards of quality.
- Organizes the accumulation of assigned discipline data for the final project turnover and report.
- Initiates and maintains records, back-charge procedures, progress reports, etc., as required.
- May have some interface with the client and upper-level management.
Associate's Degree in a technical discipline or construction-related field, or a high school diploma and equivalent work experience, is required. Also requires typically 5 years or more of related experience on field projects
- Experience with soldier pile retaining walls, or concrete and steel bridge construction and bridge maintenance and retrofits is essential for this role
- Past experience on Caltrans projects is plus.
- Experience in the construction of large civil/structural and/or industrial projects at domestic and/or foreign locations is preferred.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneThis position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team.A full-service engineering and construction firm, we work in diverse, collaborative teams, both within the company and with our partners and customers, to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities as well as people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions—and to help them see new possibilities.
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!