Construction Inspector – Civil/Mechanical
Fountain Valley, CA
At Jacobs, we are not just passionate about infrastructure and water/wastewater projects, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter and more connected. We are providing supplemental engineering services, including project management and construction management, including commissioning oversight and support for a large wastewater infrastructure capital improvement program in Orange County, California. We are looking for a Civil/Mechanical Construction Inspector to provide quality assurance support for successful delivery of complex wastewater treatment plant and pipeline construction projects.
As a Civil/Mechanical Construction Inspector, you’ll inspect moderately complex plant and pipeline facilities construction work performed by contractors to verify contractual compliance with plans, specifications, codes, regulations, and safety standards; and prepare a variety of reports and documentation.
- Review construction documents including plans and specifications; inspect moderately complex and complex plant and collection facilities construction work performed by the Owner’s contractors; ensure contractual compliance with plans, specifications, codes and safety requirements; verify that materials being incorporated into project are per specification and with approved construction practices; coordinate equipment isolations, equipment and process tie-ins.
- Assist safety representatives with job hazard analysis; observe contractors work safety environment and compliance with traffic control plans and devices; work with contractor to establish and maintain a safe construction project for employees, customers, and the public; document and follow-up on actions regarding safety, traffic control plans, and working practices.
- Assist in the maintenance of accurate as-built contract drawings; verify contractor as-built drawings are maintained and correct; assist Construction Managers and Resident Engineers on field change orders, plan clarifications, and plan changes; review and approve final drawings to construction Project Manager for the preparation of record drawings.
- Prepare and maintain necessary construction inspection records and reports as a means of formal documentation including daily inspection reports, photo-logs, field test results, guide account reports, extra work requests, project submittal files, and team member project logs; assist Construction Managers and Resident Engineers in preparing monthly progress reports
- Attend construction meetings; work with contractors, regulatory agencies, utilities, city officials and the general public throughout construction project to coordinate work to be accomplished and ensure satisfactory project completion with minimum impact on the public or District facilities.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
- 7+ years of construction inspection experience
- Proven experience with water / wastewater treatment facilities and/or pipeline work
- Prior experience working on City streets interacting with local agencies and the public, and with verification of traffic control measures for adherence with contract documents
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans, schematics; read, analyze, interpret, and update contract and construction drawings; relate contract drawings to contract installations
- Able and willing to work night/graveyard shifts, including weekends
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Prior experience with installation of small and large diameter pipelines, including materials such as VCP, RCP, HDPE, FRP, and PVC
- Knowledge of trenchless methods of construction such as micro tunnel and jack & bore Inspection of traffic control
- Excellent computer software skills within the Microsoft Suite of resources (specifically Excel, Word, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, ICC, NACE, NFPA certification (s)