Field Location, FL
This position is 100 percent travel. You will work for 40 hours with Saturdays/Sundays off. Travel will be 4-6 weeks with 1 week off at home. All Federal holidays off and paid vacation. All travel expenses paid with per diem. Benefits offered.
T4 Program Summary: The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) awarded the Technical Support Services Contract 4 (T4) to Parsons as the prime contractor. This $1.3 billion+ contract has a 4-year base period with two 3-year options. The statement of work includes a variety of activities that support the FAA’s Capital Investment Plan (CIP) modernization efforts: Site selection and engineering, construction, environmental and fire/life safety, equipment installation and testing, CAD, and other technical services as required. Work is performed across the nation in each of the FAA’s nine regions as well as the Aeronautical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and the Technical Center in Atlantic City, New Jersey and in several U.S. territories. An average staff of 400-500 with a peak staff over 650 supports this contract, in addition to those subcontractors who perform construction work.
The Resident Engineer at this level is a fully qualified professional, proficient in the utilization of engineering theories and practices, and possesses previous FAA experience. Willingness to travel to construction site locations and provide oversight, monitoring, and control of subcontractor or self-perform personnel on-site, is expected.
- Under general supervision, performs complex quality control inspection activities on assigned projects and/or functional areas to ensure that products or services provided are in accordance with customer and Parsons requirements.
- Performs inspections/surveillances based on training received.
- Interacts cross-functionally with project team members and management.
- Implements inspection, examination, and testing procedures and records inspection, examination, and testing data.
- Plans inspections, evaluations, and tests; setting up tests, including preparation and set-up of related equipment.
- Evaluates the validity and acceptability of inspection, examination and testing results and reports inspections, examination and testing results.
- Evaluates the adequacy of specific programs used to train and test inspection, examination, and testing personnel.
- Performs and documents inspections of subcontractor work.
- Oversees subcontractor inspections and review of subcontractor work. Reviews and audits subcontractor generated quality records.
- Performs First-Article / In-Process Inspections, as needed (may include source inspection).
- Ensures compliance to HSE requirements applicable for their work scope.
- Participates in establishing and implementing a Quality Controls Inspectors certification program.
- Participates in qualifying and certifying QC Inspectors at all levels.
- Documenting and communicating inspection results in a clear and concise manner.
- Understands contract requirements and subcontractor(s) contract requirements.
- May provide technical guidance to lower-level Quality Control Inspectors.
- Performs other functions associated with this position as appropriate.
- Reviews design drawings and specifications for construction following relevant codes and standards. Candidate should be familiar with codes such as IBC, IMC, UPC, NFPA, and FAA Standards. Conducts constructability reviews.
- Provides recommendations to solve unforeseen problems in the field.
- Oversees subcontractor during construction to verify adherence to drawings and specifications.
- Communicates with the different construction subcontractors assigned to jobs.
- Participates in Contractor Acceptance Inspections (CAI) as required.
- Keeps a construction diary on the status of assigned tasks.
- Submits weekly progress reports and participate in weekly construction meetings. Communicates daily with the assigned Project Manager.
- Reads and thoroughly understand and implement the Resident Engineers Manual as well as the Program Policies/ Procedures.
- Construction inspections to confirm conformance to Contract Documents.
- Review and track construction schedules.
- Escort contractors to properly ensure security at facilities.
- Identify possible construction problems and suggest resolutions.
- Document construction progress through reports, pictures daily, and project drawing redlines.
- Evaluate contractor claims and provide recommendations to FAA.
- Inspection or installation of concrete, masonry, reinforcing steel, shotcrete, structural steel welding, fireproofing and testing of soils, aggregate, concrete, asphaltic concrete and grading observations.
- Supports project closeout and lessons learned documentation.
- Performing other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Typical projects may be:
- Air Traffic Control Towers Modernization
- Airport NAVAIDS Upgrade
- UIS Tower Replacement
- Tenant Improvement
- Previous FAA experience is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (or related field) or High School Diploma or Trade School Diploma AND 10+ years of related work experience.
- Ability to read and understand drawings, codes, standards, and specifications.
- Basic computer skills, including, but not limited to, MS Windows, MS Word, and MS Excel. Proficiency in utilizing scheduling software.
- Willingness to Travel.
- Home must be located in CA, AZ, NV, HI, or within 1 hour drive from a major airport.
- Must be able to meet customer security requirements. A background check by Federal Authorities will be performed as well as a background check by CBP. Successful completion of both background checks are required.
- Professional Engineer registration may be required.
- Familiar with cloud-based databases, such as MS SharePoint or Knowledge Service Network (KSN).
- Experience using CAD software such as MicroStation or AutoCAD.
- Experience taking photographs using a digital camera in addition to uploading files/photographs to a computer/memory device or internet site.
- Previous Federal Government experience.
- Self-starter and ability learn and adapt quickly.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneThis position is part of our Federal Solutions team.Our Federal Solutions segment delivers resources to our US government customers that ensure the success of missions around the globe. Our diverse, intelligent employees drive the state of the art as they provide services and solutions in the areas of defense, security, intelligence, infrastructure, and environmental. We promote a culture of excellence and close-knit teams that take pride in delivering, protecting, and sustaining our nation's most critical assets, from Earth to cyberspace. Throughout the company, our people are anticipating what’s next to deliver the solutions our customers need now.We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!