Field Location, TX
This position is 100 percent travel. You will work for 40 hours with Saturdays/Sundays off. Travel will be 4-6 weeks with 1 week off at home. All Federal holidays off and paid vacation. All travel expenses paid with per diem.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) awarded the Technical Support Services Contract 4 (T4) to Parsons as the prime contractor. This $1.3 billion+ contract has a 4-year base period with two 3-year options. The statement of work includes a variety of activities that support the FAA’s Capital Investment Plan (CIP) modernization efforts: Site selection and engineering, construction, environmental and fire/life safety, equipment installation and testing, CAD, and other technical services as required. Work is performed across the nation in each of the FAA’s nine regions as well as the Aeronautical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and the Technical Center in Atlantic City, New Jersey and in several U.S. territories. An average staff of 400-500 with a peak staff over 650 supports this contract, in addition to those subcontractors who perform construction work.
The Resident Engineer will be able to perform routine and well-defined quality control inspection activities on assigned project and/or functional areas to ensure that products or services provided are in accordance with customer and Parsons’s requirements.
Projects could include:
- Air Traffic Control Towers Modernization
- Airport NAVAIDS Upgrade
- UIS Tower Replacement
- Tenant Improvement
- Performs inspections/surveillances based on training received.
- Interacts cross-functionally with project team members and management.
- Implements inspection, examination, and testing procedures, and records inspection, examination, and testing data.
- Performs and documents inspections of subcontractor work.
- Performs First-Article / In-Process Inspection as needed (may include source inspection).
- Ensures compliance to HSE requirements applicable for their work scope.
- Documents and communicates inspection results in a clear and concise manner.
- Understands contract requirements and subcontractor(s) contract requirements.
- Performs other functions associated with this position as appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree with 3+ years of experience or 10 plus years of equivalent work experience.
- Ability to read and understand drawings, codes, standards, and specifications.
- Basic computer skills, including, but not limited to, MS Windows, MS Word, and MS Excel. Proficiency in utilizing scheduling software.
- Willingness to Travel.
- Must be able to pass government background check.
- Experience using CAD software such as MicroStation or AutoCAD.
- Experience taking photographs using a digital camera in addition to uploading files/photographs to a computer/memory device or internet site.
- Previous Airport experience preferred
- Self-starter and ability learn and adapt quickly.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneThis position is part of our Federal Solutions team.Our Federal Solutions segment delivers resources to our US government customers that ensure the success of missions around the globe. Our diverse, intelligent employees drive the state of the art as they provide services and solutions in the areas of defense, security, intelligence, infrastructure, and environmental. We promote a culture of excellence and close-knit teams that take pride in delivering, protecting, and sustaining our nation's most critical assets, from Earth to cyberspace. Throughout the company, our people are anticipating what’s next to deliver the solutions our customers need now.We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!