Construction Inspector- NICET III
Thriving communities. Healthy cities. A brighter future. What we do is more than construction on roads, we work everyday to make the world better for everyone. If you want to join a company invested in you, your success and the global community, join us as an Inspector.
We are looking for a professional Field Inspector to add to our New Jersey team! You’ll perform quality control for the construction and rehabilitation of roads and/or bridges, general site work, maintenance and protection of traffic, drainage, earthwork, paving, concrete work, reinforcement steel placement, utility relocation work, coordination and safety in north New Jersey, particularly Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Passaic, Union Warren and Sussex counties.
You’ll also read contract documents and construction plans and prepare inspection reports documenting the inspection of the on-site inspection of the Contractor’s Means and Methods of constructing components of road/bridge construction projects.
Grow your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, flourish, and succeed.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
• Construction inspection experience of road/bridge projects
• Able to work either days or nights, as required by the project assignment
• NICET III Certification or substantial professional experience with Road/Bridge inspection experience in the greater New Jersey area
• Ability to read contract documents and construction plans
• Valid Driver’s License
Ideally, you'll also have:
• Inspection experience on NJDOT road/bridge projects
• Site Manager experience
• ACI Certification
• NJSAT Asphalt Certification
• TCC Certification (Rutgers)
• Office Engineering experience