At Jacobs, we’re not just building structures, we’re helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their state-of-the-art facilities that are changing our world.
We’re looking for an experienced and collaborative Construction Inspector who thrives when people are in sync and construction projects are running like they should. In this role, you will perform independent complex inspections of roadways and structure construction processes /materials to assure compliance with the construction contract. Work will include inspecting asphalt and concrete for acceptable materials and mix; pavement for proper spreading, rolling, depth, alignment and compaction; roadways and structures for conformance to plans, and specifications. Inspect roadways and structures for conformance to plans, and specifications; structural materials and members; placement of culverts; structural operations such as foundation excavation; placement of piling, reinforcing and structural steel, concrete and backfill; and traffic control and erosion control devices. Employee may also perform the more complex variety of calculations and computations. Bring your passion for innovation, and talent for multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. We’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what inspires you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
- Monitor construction progress, recommend progress payments, attend construction ownership and review meetings, and prepare/process construction progress reports.
- Perform construction quality assurance services and confirm work by the construction contractor is fulfilling the obligations of the contract and working in compliance with accepted Quality Control and Health and Safety Plans.
- Participate in weekly job-site meetings and monthly construction progress meetings
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of project progress during all stages of construction.
- Submit a detailed daily report of all events that occur at the job site including contractor’s staffing level and the status of construction.
- Promptly document construction defects and omissions as they occur and track progress through resolution.
- Shall be licensed to operate motor vehicles in accordance with Georgia Law.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking and collaboration, and extreme organizational skills and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
- Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering Technology or Construction Management 0r three (3) years of progressive transportation technical experience as an employee or consultant for a State Highway Agency or Local Agency.
- Knowledge of construction practices, techniques, materials, and equipment
- Knowledge of engineering plans, specifications, and drawings
- Ability to read and interpret plans, specifications, and drawings and to compare them with various aspects of construction in progress
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.