Construction Inspector – Transportation
Our team is experiencing exciting growth within our established Construction Management practice, and we are seeking a new Construction Inspector to join our team. You'll inspect construction methods and workmanship to ensure that contractors build roadways, bridges, traffic signals and related highway structures in accordance with plans and specifications. Utilizing your expertise you will inspect traffic control setup and devices to ensure compliance with approved traffic control plans. You’ll be expected to perform work independently on assignments; however, all unusual issues are referred to the supervisor.
- Observe and inspect ongoing construction work is in accordance with contract documents.
- Review plans and specifications to ensure that work is in compliance with plans and specifications.
- Review contractors’ pay notes and recommend for approval for actual work completed to the client.
- Inspect traffic control against approved traffic control plans
- Maintains a daily report of work in progress and status of completion and discusses construction related issues with client contact.
Join us and we will assist you in continuing the development of your skills and exploring all that you can do across our global company, with opportunities to share your knowledge along the way.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in concrete construction inspection for transportation projects
- Required to have and maintain a satisfactory driving record
- Able and willing to work day or night shifts and/or flexible schedules including weekends as required to support the project requirements.
- Ability to move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to follow instructions and effectively communicate with contractors and public.
- Ability to read and interpret roadway, structure, and bridge plans and specifications.
- Work under exposure to inclement weather conditions.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Local municipal construction experience
- Experience working on projects with multiple funding sources
- Experience with local, State and federal project guidelines