Construction Interns (Various Locations)
St. Louis, MO
Are you ready to move your career forward, and start the BEST job of your life? Haskell is committed to providing you with the resources to help you grow and discover your potential. We promote an environment that encourages innovative ideas and allows you to develop the best “how” to get the job done.
Construction interns assist our project management team with assigned tasks. Our interns participate in training programs and receive training in company management tools, standards, policies, and procedures. Great role for construction management or engineering students interested in construction with a leading design-build firm.
- Identifies and qualifies subcontractors and vendors for assigned scopes of work. Prepares and transmits bid packages and invitations to bid. Receives and analyzes received bids. In conjunction with the project manager, may negotiate and award subcontracts and purchase orders. Prepares and maintains purchase control log.
- Participates in design review meetings and reviews and monitors design with particular attention to scope, cost changes, and constructability. May be responsible for applying for, tracking, and expediting project permits.
- Prepares detailed estimates and cost codes for initial cost control reporting and updates labor cost reports and summary cost reports. Works with accounting to maintain subcontractor and vendor requirements for payment processing.
- Works with the project team to prepare and update progress schedules including short-term interval schedules. Assists in planning construction operations and sequences.
- As directed by the project manager, may interact with the client including correspondence, periodic reports, change order requests, submittal of pay requisitions, and response to client inquiries and directives.
- Checks approves and transmits submittals; maintains submittal control log; prepares and manages requests for information and maintains RFI log.
- Assists superintendent with subcontractor coordination, safety, and quality management, and job site reporting and controls.
- Assists in preparation of project close-out requirements including unit cost history, operations and maintenance manuals, punch-list management, and agency inspections.
- Student studying architecture, engineering, or construction management – or similar
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications:
- Knowledge of the construction industry, including methods, engineering, equipment, technology, and safety
- Excellent organizational, communication, collaboration, and analytical skills
Environmental Factors and/or Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, this position is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; and the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, and arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application/form information. The associate frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status.
Haskell will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessities. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Haskell is a Drug-Free Workplace.