Lane Christensen Co.
Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Communicate with the jobsite Foremen and Superintendent to learn about field construction operations and to provide support.
2. Establish and maintain working relationships with owners, agencies, subcontractors, inspectors, & the local community.
3. Assist with the project environmental, health, safety requirements.
4. Assist the Project Engineer with approving timecards in HeavyJob. ensure all equipment and employees are accounted for on timecards.
5. Assist with verifying quantities in FIS (Field Information Systems) and log quantities for cost and revenue tracking.
6. Assist the Project Engineer with generating and distributing daily cost reports (trucking, labor, equipment) to the Project Manager, Foreman & Superintendent.
7. Assist with the completion of daily reports documenting both Granite and Subcontractor activities.
8. Place necessary material orders, survey requests, locates, etc.
9. Maintain a to-do list and diary.
10. Assist with the calculations of yields of materials used such as aggregate & asphalt.
11. Tour jobsite daily with the Project Manager and/or Engineer to verify quantities claimed are correct and to stay current on overall job progress.
• High School diploma required and a minimum of two years of education from an accredited institution of higher learning. Discipline to be focused in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
• Previous construction experience is a plus
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with MS Office applications
• Strong organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Self motivated
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Able to work in a team environment
• Problem solving skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 26 to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our Benefits at a Glance:
In addition to building the next generation of builders, Granite invests in its interns by providing them access to a broad benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, flexible spending plans, as well as special programs for musculoskeletal health, mental wellness, and more.
Interns may choose from two PPO medical plans through Anthem BlueCross, including our most popular plan, for which 100% of the premium is paid by Granite for eligible interns.
We invest in the future of our interns by providing them with access to Granite’s 401(k) plan where they are eligible for Granite’s 100% employer match on the first 6% of eligible compensation that they defer into their 401(k) plan.
Benefits may vary for positions located outside of the continental United States.
Base Hourly Wage Range :: $0.00 $0.00
Pay may vary based upon relevant experience, skills, location, and education among other factors.
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.