Construction Laborer – $20 per hour + $1,000 Sign-on Bonus (Training Provided)
AFL Telecommunications, LLC
AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products, conductor accessories and fittings, and related services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and has grown to include every facet of the passive optical network, employing over 5,000 associates worldwide and consistently generating annual sales in excess of a billion dollars.
In April of 2019, AFL made a major investment in ITC Service Group, a Sacramento-based company providing broadband installation, design and staffing services to the telecommunications and IT industries.
ITC Service Group was founded in 1999 and provides managed services and workforce solutions for the nationwide planning design, construction, installation and maintenance of voice, data and video networks.
AFL and ITC were built and are operated on similar core values and philosophies. This will prove extremely beneficial to our customers and our employees.
With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL “Connect” you to your next career opportunity!
Company Provides: Vehicle, Gas, & Uniform
In this role, you will work primarily outside customer homes with ladders and hand tools to bring fiber to the home for new Broadband integrated digital TV, high speed Internet and voice services.
- Experience with hand tools such as wire cutters, screw drivers, wrenches, electric drills etc.
- Must be able to work with a 28’ extension ladder. This requires the loading the ladder on and off the top of the van, maneuvering, and carrying a ladder through customer’s front and back yard to get to the telephone pole.
- Drop Techs must be able to vertically place ladder up to a height of 26’ up against the pole or the cable strand.
- Must be able to work aloft at heights of 20’ – 26’, terminating fiber drop wire to fiber cable strand.
- Must be able to work on the ground in sidewalk boxes to access the buried fiber drops through conduits. Requires kneeling and sometimes hand digging on dirt to find buried conduits.
- Must have computer skills- Drop Techs need to review work assignments and clear service orders.
- 0-2 years’ experience is required- on the job training will be provided.
- Must have a cell phone and laptop computer with internet access.
- Must own small hand tools (screwdriver, wrenches, pliers, wire cutters, etc.)
- Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug/alcohol screen.
- Valid state driver’s license and non-negligent driving record.
- Meet safety restriction weight limit of 275 lbs.
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to visually perceive differences in wire and cable colors.
- Must be able to work flexible hours with the understanding that workdays can be in excess of normal hours and some weekend and holiday work may be required.
- Ability to be “on call” and “on standby” in relation to the workload.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in inclement weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
Due to the nature of ITC’s business, its clients and other needs, the employment relationship is, and is intended to be, “At Will.” This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between ITC and employee. By no means is this job description inclusive of all duties; in that employee will be required to perform all duties as directed by his or her supervisor. This job description is subject to change by ITC as the needs of ITC and requirements of the job change. ITC Service Group is an equal opportunity employer.