Construction Leader – T/S
Requisition ID: 67424
Florida Power & Light Company is America’s largest electric company, providing clean, affordable, and reliable electricity to more than 12 million people in Florida. We operate one of the cleanest power generation fleets in the U.S. and our reliability is among the best in the nation. Our goal is to achieve Real Zero carbon emissions from our operations by 2045 by expanding our solar capacity, increasing battery storage and bringing new renewable energy opportunities to Florida, while improving customer affordability and reliability. Are you interested in becoming a game-changer in the energy industry? Join our world-class team today!
Position Specific Description
This Position may require traveling depending upon CMC Transmission workload and could be based out of the Northwest FPL Service Area. The position as a CMC Construction Lead will require transmission knowledge to oversee contractor workforce and the following experience is preferred:
- Ensure Safety and System Reliability
- Material Coordination
- Plan/Coordinate with Engineering and Project Managers
- Computer Skills-Transmission Clearances or Distribution RC’s (OSM)….
- Update PUR for job closeout (As-Builts)
- Ability to travel with FPL territory as required depending on workload
This role leads a team responsible for Transmission and Substation’s construction projects.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures projects are completed safely, within required schedule, budget, and in compliance
- Oversees implementation of technical, regulatory, environmental and corporate compliance
- Maintains day-to-day site coordination requirements to integrate transmission and substation construction projects
- Ensures contractor safety participation through attendance and review tailboards, field risk assessments and oversees observation reviews
- Ensures timely resolution and constructability of field compliance issues and actively supports continuous improvement
- Reviews all project bids and ensures all required project permits are in hand, prior to the commencement of the project
- Maintains thorough review and processes all project invoices
- Develops realistic action steps, timetables and resources estimates for projects
- Meets attendance and storm duty requirements and has the ability to work extended hours
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Experience: 6+ years
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Bachelor’s - Engineering
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Maintenance/Construction
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to [email protected], providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.