Construction Maintenance Laborer
Clear Channel Outdoor, Inc.
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.Clear Channel Outdoor
Job Summary:Performs tasks involving physical labor at construction projects.
- Reads and interprets plans, instructions and specifications to determine work activities.
- Maintains a clean job site; picks up all tools and equipment and secures job site each day to eliminate potential hazards.
- Lifts heavy objects, walks and stands for long periods of time and performs strenuous physical labor, sometimes under adverse conditions.
- Lifts, pushes, pulls or carries objects, and performs materials handling and storage.
- Loads and unloads trucks, and hauls and hoists materials.
- Ensures proper safety and incident procedures are followed, and reports problems to the foreman.
- Spreads paints, cleaning solutions or other compounds.
- Provides assistance to craft workers, such as carpenters, plasterers and masons.
- Positions, joins, aligns and seals structural components (e.g., concrete or dry wall sections, pipes).
- May operate jackhammers, drills and a variety of hand and power tools.
- May shovel, mix, pour and spread concrete.
- May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris and remove waste material.
- May require long work hours and some weekend work.
- May operate constructions vehicles (e.g., forklifts, concrete mixers).
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent experience.
- Experience on similar construction sites which may include:
- cement mixing
- Has own hard hat, steel-toed boots, safety vest, work gloves and safety glasses.
- Is proficient in listening and oral communication skills; can read & speak English.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Is highly disciplined with ability to follow instructions, both written and verbal.
- Has high work standards and attention to detail.
- Has strong organizational and time management skills.
- Able to complete appropriate documentation and reports.
- Able to operate drills and other tools in a safe and effective manner.
- Able to maintain and operate construction equipment sites.
- Time Management – Uses time effectively and efficiently; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities.
- Communicating Effectively – Ability to read and interpret verbal and written requests and directions.
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably.
- Keeping on Point – Can quickly separate the mission-critical from the nice to dos and the trivials; quickly senses what the next most useful thing to work on is.
- Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging.
- Valid driver’s license, CDL Class preferred.
The demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to lift heavy objects and walk / stand for long periods of time.
- Able to perform strenuous physical labor, sometimes under adverse conditions.
LocationChicago, IL: 4000 South Morgan St, 60609
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.