Construction Management Intern-Summer 2023 Columbus, MS
Job ID: 472779
APAC Mississippi, Inc., a CRH company, is a great place to work! CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. We have great employees that have been with us many years – and hope that that track record of longevity shows the pride we take in being one of the best places to work in Mississippi! Come join our team – where you will receive vacation, retirement and many other great benefits!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work under the direction of Management team (Estimating, Plant, QC, and/or Project) to understand different departments within the asphalt industry.
- Spend time in the field to learn about the daily work necessary to go into completing a project.
- When necessary, must be able to perform physical laborer including shoveling and raking materials.
- Assist with project documentation requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student pursuing a degree relevant to the construction industry such as construction management, construction engineering, civil engineering or any engineering related program.
- A desire to pursue a career in the construction industry
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience and proficiency using the internet and Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Required to wear the proper PPE
- Able to work any shift including nights and weekends
- May require overtime
- Working in various conditions including hot and cold
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
APAC Mississippi, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.