UGI Energy Services supplies and markets natural gas, liquid fuels, and electricity to 40,000 customer locations across the Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern US.
We are a supplier, marketer, and midstream services provider – one backed by 135 years of natural gas experience, plus our own expanding energy infrastructure. Along with buying and selling energy commodities at the wholesale level, UGIES owns and operates key electric generation and midstream natural gas assets throughout Pennsylvania.
With headquarters and supply sources near the heart of the Marcellus Shale, UGIES is well positioned to meet the changing energy demands of commercial, industrial, institutional, and government customers for years to come.
We offer comprehensive benefits, some of which are:
- Paid Vacation time starts with 3 weeks off
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Sick time
- Short term & Long term disability
- Medical plan options from Aetna and Blue Cross
- Vision coverage from Vision Benefits of America
- Dental coverage from United Concordia
- Extended Maternity Leave - 8 weeks pay at 100% with the option of 2 more weeks paid at 100% or 4 weeks paid at 50%
- Paternity Leave - 2 weeks pay at 100% or 4 weeks pay at 50%
- Company provided 401K match of 100% of the employee's 6% contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement of 80% of tuition costs capped at $6,300 per year
- Pet Plan Insurance
The Construction Manager is the company’s authorized representative and is to inspect and coordinate the construction project and ensure conformance with the company specifications. The Construction Manager ensures that the project proceeds in accordance with the contract requirements and that all necessary construction documentation is compiled and transmitted to the designated personnel. The company’s authorized representative on construction projects charged with inspection of company and contractor work crews to ensure compliance with company and applicable rules, specifications and safety standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures Contractor's work proceeds consistent with contracts, permits, easements and other documents related to the project that affect the work process.
- Ensures that contractors and employees prepare and file all necessary documentation related to work performed, inspections, worker qualifications, materials distributions and receipts, materials inspections, meter tests and verifications, welding and welding inspection, safety briefings, and welding records.
- Ensure compliance with all project specific environmental requirements as outlined within the project Environmental Construction Plan and/or as directed by the project Environmental Inspector.
- Ensure compliance with all project specific right-of-way requirements as outlined within the Right-of-Way Line List and/or as directed by the project Right-of-Way Agent. Supervise any Project Inspectors whether contractors or employees.
- Technical liaison between the Project Manager and Contractor.
- Maintain, coordinate and communicate weekly progress and schedule. Weekly progress report shall include identification of potential cost and schedule issues as well as safety, environmental, progress and quality control issues.
- Ensure that all material received meets the requirements specified on the purchase order, spec sheets, drawings, and specifications.
- Verify welder’s qualifications are current and are correct for the work.
- Communicate “lessons learned" and foster an environment of continuous improvement. Participate in post-job review meeting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expected to develop thorough knowledge of Company standards and procedures, rules and regulations regarding pipeline construction, materials management, safety procedures and requirements, and contractor management.
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Knowledge of commonly used practices, concepts and procedures in application development
- Knowledge of relational databases and client-server concepts
- Problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other MS software.
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Related technical / mechanical degree is desired.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in construction and inspection
- Pipeline/Facility construction experience
- Valid driver's license.
UGI Energy Services, is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.