Construction Manager – Civil/Solid Waste
At Jacobs, we’re not just forming structures, we’re helping our clients organize and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their state-of-the-art facilities that are changing our world. We push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable.
We're looking for a dynamic and collaborative onsite Construction Manager -Civil/Solid Waste for a long term civil construction opportunity in King County, WA. The program involves an active 1,000 acre landfill site, the construction of new solid waste cells and the regulated closure of others. This full-time onsite Resident Engineer position will be embedded with our King County client and responsible for project management, documentation and coordination between the County, contractors and technical professionals. This is a progressive work setting which requires an individual with a high level of self-awareness and keen interest in equality. Women and Minorites are highly encouraged to apply.
• Driving overall project delivery in accordance with the Owner’s program objectives for budget, scope, and schedule.
• Construction surveillance and comprehensive documentation.
• Facilitation and recording of onsite meetings with County, contractor, engineering, and regulatory personnel.
• Utilization of project management control systems, measuring performance, tracking issues and leading efforts for resolution. Monitoring work for contract and regulatory compliance.
• Assessment of schedule/cost impacts related to design and construction changes in the work.
• Project reporting and summary briefings.
Qualifications – External
• BS Civil or Environmental Engineering
• Minimum of 10 years relevant project-level work experience
• Minimum of 3 years of landfill construction/closure or other solid waste experience
• Registered Professional Engineer