Construction Manager – Construction Control Representative, San Antonio, TX
San Antonio, TX
On-Site Construction Manager – Construction Control Representative, Joint Base San Antonio (JBSA), San Antonio, TX
Join the team who values your skills and expertise. From intelligence and cybersecurity to vulnerability assessment and mission assurance, Cherokee Nation Strategic Programs (CNSP) brings experience and results. Building on a reputation as a dedicated, disciplined and tightly-knit organization, CNSP supports DOD and other federal clients in their critical, strategic and operational programs. CNSP is looking for qualified talent to give our clients the support they deserve and the quality they expect from our team – a team of experts, like you.
Cherokee Nation Strategic Programs is part of Cherokee Federal – a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies focused on building solutions, solving complex challenges, and serving the nation’s mission around the globe for more than 60 federal clients. For more information, visit cherokee-federal.com.
We are recruiting an On Site Construction Manager to fill the role as a Construction Control Representative (CCR) for the 802d Civil Engineering Squadron (CES) at Joint Base San Antonio (JBSA), TX. The CCR will perform a broad range technical review and advisory/assistance at all 11 locations throughout JBSA, TX and GSU’s. The primary role will include technical support to the Government Project Manager (PM) in troubleshooting deficiencies in project delivery and provide consulting on how to regain control of the project to ensure the project is delivered on time, within budget, and per the requirements of the contract
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
- The CCR shall also support RFP acquisition package preparation to ensure all aspects of the construction requirements are addressed in the contract documents for execution of in-house facilities projects.
- Provide technical input to project managers and management on complex technical issues.
- Provide technical advice during evaluation of design and construction proposals including cost estimates ensuring accuracy, fairness, and reasonableness.
- Monitors and reviews all the work being done on site for compliance with the contract, UFC code, UFG Specs, CQC plan, work plan, safety plan, and all other project plans.
- Brings any deficiencies identified to the attention of leadership
- Perform quality assurance oversight of Architect/Engineer and construction contractor technical work products, including assessment for compliance with applicable codes and design criteria
- Review design and construction schedules for feasibility and determine critical path.
- Provide independent assessment of project risk during design and construction based on earned value management, critical path schedule achievement, compliance with required construction management submittals, and other risk indicators.
- Provide technical input during the development of Design & Construction acquisition packages to ensure all aspect of the construction requirement are covered, to include preparation of the associated cost estimate
- Assist in providing technical training, lessons learned, and best practices to technical and project management staff.
- Provide responsive, flexible full-spectrum installation construction management support.
- This position will not have supervisory or management authority
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Required Bachelors Degree in Construction, Civil Engineering, or related field
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant construction project management experience
- A minimum of five (5) years in federal construction project management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must be able to pass a National Agency Check Investigations (NACI)/SF85 US government federal and state background check and favorably pass a drug screen.
- Candidate must reside in the local San Antonio, Texas area
- Familiarity with federal design and construction contracts.
- Experience providing oversight of A/E designs.
- Knowledge of Facility and Building systems- Roofing, Building Envelope, Interior Construction, MEP (Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing), Building automation, etc.
- Experience applying the Department of Defense Unified Facilities Criteria and Uniform Facilities Guide Specifications to complex facility construction projects.
- Ability to coordinate access to facilities, set up briefings, and conduct interviews with facility personnel.
- Ability to organize and gather project data, conduct analysis, prepare reports and provide recommendations without assistance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiar with inputting data and producing reports from ACES-PM and NexGen IT.
- Proficient with utilizing computer software including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Project, Autodesk AutoCAD 2013, etc.).
- Ability to read and understand BIM submittals, CAD drawings, old blueprints, and facility/project specifications.
- Must be able to access facility locations which may require climbing stairs, ladders, walking on uneven ground, or entering small building spaces, without assistance or the aid of any device.
- Work will be performed in a climate controlled access office and outdoors when required under diverse weather conditions on a military installation.
- Position will be located in 1 of the 3 CE offices at JBSA Randolph, Ft. Sam Houston, or Lackland AFB
- The contractor shall also be required to perform services at all 11 locations throughout JBSA, TX area including the GSUs JBSA Randolph, JBSA Fort Sam Houston, JBSA Lackland, JBSA Camp Bullis, JBSA Canyon Lake, JBSA Kelly, JBSA Seguin Airfield, JBSA Chapman Training Annex, JBSA Port San Antonio, JBSA Medical Annex and JBSA Grayson Street
COVID 19 VACCINATION POLICY
EXECUTIVE ORDER 14042
Pursuant to U.S. Presidential Executive Order 14042, Cherokee Federal is now requiring that all employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8th. An individual is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (i.e., Moderna or Pfizer) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (i.e., Johnson & Johnson). As a prospective employee, you will fall under this requirement and proof of vaccination will be needed for on-boarding, should you be selected. When you originally applied to our position posting, this necessity may not have yet been implemented. Limited exemptions for religious or medical reasons will be considered.
TEMPORARY NOTE: On Tuesday, Dec. 7, a federal judge issued an injunction blocking President Joe Biden’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate for federal contractors (EO 14042). Cherokee Federal is monitoring the court case and awaiting a final ruling. As a result of the injunction, Cherokee Federal is halting the enforcement of the mandate, however, if the injunction is lifted and the mandate remains, Cherokee Federal must reenact its vaccine requirement.
This offer is contingent upon a favorable completion of your background investigation, drug screening and adherence to our Covid-19 vaccination policy, if applicable.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Cherokee Federal is a division of Cherokee Nation Businesses, the economic engine of Cherokee Nation, the largest Native American tribe in the U.S. As a trusted partner, the Cherokee Federal team of companies manages nearly 2,000 projects of all sizes across the construction, engineering and manufacturing and mission solutions portfolios — ranging from advanced data analytics and telehealth to cybersecurity, cloud and logistics.
Since 2012, our team of companies has won $6 billion in government contracts and completed more than 5,300 federal missions. Our 3,600+ employees work in 20+ countries, 50 states and 2 U.S. territories.
Why Cherokee Federal? Visit cherokee-federal.com to learn why you should join our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and we prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status or for inquiring about, discussing, or disclosing compensation.. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail [email protected] for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status. Please do not send email request pertaining to recruiting as this email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time Tuesdays – Thursdays from 10:00am – 2:00pm CST to make applicable Affirmative Action Plans accessible. Please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2021 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at [email protected]
Please do not send an email for job application follow-up or staffing advertisement/request pertaining to recruiting as this email box is not for resumes or job applications.
#CNSP #cherokeefederal #LI-AM1