Construction Manager CoPM Concrete
Support Jacobs Nuclear Projects and Consulting across the U.S. and have a hand in transforming tomorrow. The Construction CoPM plans, coordinates and reports on engineering and construction work for the Spent Fuel Handling Project to ensure client goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. The ideal candidate will support the Project Manager in many different critical and high visibility functions important to successful project delivery while also further developing technical and project management skills for potential future advancement opportunities. Join us and love what you do. Focus on tackling the toughest challenges with a smile as you support the development of life changing infrastructure that improves communities across the United States. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress. The work location for this position at the Naval Reactors Facility, Idaho National Lab, Idaho Falls, ID 83403-2008 approximately 55 miles WNW of Idaho Falls, Idaho
- This position requires a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience with increasing responsibility in managing industrial construction projects with increasing level of professionalism and self-driven objectives
- Industrial construction Experience
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and within the client organization.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude under stressful conditions and strive for setting goals for relationship to build a cohesive team.
- Experience in assessing complex issues and summarizing in concise and clear communications to team and client through reporting and verbal presentations
- Working knowledge of reading/assessing Schedule reports (P6) and cost reports
- Experience in multi-discipline construction projects
- Demonstrated experience in cross coordination and integration across package managers/Control Account Managers and multiple construction contractors
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Working knowledge of ASME NQA-1 program
- DOE Experience including
- Bachelors degree or higher in an Engineering discipline highly preferred
- Large DOE nuclear projects
- Earned Value Management System and Reporting
- DOE interface and regulatory authorities on a Government owned, contractor operated Site
- PMP certification
- PE license with ability to obtain a PE in Idaho highly preferred
- MS in Engineering
Equipment and Machines:
- Standard office PC, with software will be provided
- Building Information Management Software
- Prolog (Database) software
- Construction Site
- Collocated with the client
- Remote location
- Potential travel to other offices across the U.S. 2-3 times/year
- Weather factors such as wind and extreme cold
On-Site Security training is mandatory before performing project duties.
Timely response to resolve issues is expected.
Travel required – As needed
OTHER ESSENTIAL REUIREMENTS
USA Citizenship only is required (Please note that we will not sponsor an employment visa, such as an H 1B or related visa, to fill this position.)
Security Clearance – “L” clearance or eligibility to obtain an “L”
Valid driver's license
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Must take and pass a pre-employment drug and background check.