Construction Manager – Dams & Reservoir
We challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. If you’re interested in a long and rewarding career working with the #1 ranked most admired engineering / construction company in the world, and the industry’s best and most innovative engineers, then Jacobs is where you belong. We are seeking a Construction Manager - Dams & Reservoirs Discipline Lead with Construction and Project management experience who is willing to take on a leadership role within our water resources team in California. You’ll direct/manage projects for a variety of dam and reservoir facilities and associated appurtenances related to the dams including spillways, outlet towers, pump stations, reservoir conveyance projects, etc. This position also requires the ability to coordinate with the Jacobs sales account manager to identify and pursue dam and reservoir related projects.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Dam construction management and PM oversight.
- Lead and be responsible for project-specific CM teams including, Jacobs staff and sub-consultants, with functions including, but not limited to, Resident Engineering, Office Engineering, Construction Quality Assurance, Construction Inspection, Surveying, Materials Testing, Contact Administration, Change Management, Cost and Schedule Analysis, Document Control, Environmental Compliance Monitoring and Public Outreach.
- Develop and implement Quality Control, Quality Assurance, and Health and Safety Plans as required by Jacobs and Client policies.
- Communicate and coordinate with other project participants including Client, Designer, Contractor and Regulators to expeditiously resolve construction-related issues including, but not limited to, cost overruns, schedule delays, procurement delays, quality deficiencies, regulatory non-compliance, environmental non-compliance, permit non-compliance, change orders, operational impacts and public complaints.
- Develop scopes, schedules, levels-of-effort and fees for CM work.
- Support additional CM services as needed including, but not limited to, Risk Management, Dispute Resolution and Claims Analysis
- Providing technical support to dams Project Managers, including design, analysis, inspection, construction observation, and regulatory compliance activities associated with a variety of dams.
- Providing project or construction management support (client management, contract management, planning and execution, financial management, etc.) to dams Project Managers as a Deputy Project Manager.
- Dam analysis and design including seismic stability and deformations analyses of dams; including earthquake ground motions, liquefaction potential, and earthquake-induced and fault-induced deformations.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
- BA/BS Degree in Civil Engineering
- 10+ years or more of relevant experience with Dam projects including inspection, rehabilitation and/or new design and construction.
- Professional Engineer’s (PE) license
- Valid Driver's License
- Willing to travel to local sites as needed
Ideally You Will Also Have:
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Experience with water resources and geotechnical work related to dams
- Working knowledge dam design codes and operational provisions
- Working knowledge of relevant building code provisions