Construction Manager – DAS/BTS
AFL Telecommunications, LLC
AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL “Connect” you to your next career opportunity!
The Construction Manager leads fast paced DAS and/or BTS projects in the southeastern US. The Construction Manager executes job plans by coordinating and scheduling assignments, coordinating the materials logistics, crews, and tools required to complete projects on time and within budget. Frequent communication and proactive planning to both internal and external customers. A key team position to coordinate all efforts to satisfy customer expectations.
* Up to 80-90% travel required
- Reports to the Operations Manager and coordinates to lead teams remotely at a project site
- Ability to lead teams to conduct feasibility walks related to potential project sites
- Ability to prepare reports related to project scoping, feasibility walks, and daily/weekly project progress
- Ability to coordinate, implement, and complete multiple projects at the same time
- Assemble and install communication equipment iDAS, oDAS, BTS, repeater systems and other
- Ability to problem solve and develop solutions on site to ensure projects are moving forward
- Working knowledge of Vdc Power and -48Vdc power
- Ability to lead multiple crews (30+ techs) in execution of work on the job site for large scale projects
- Ability to demonstrate expertise in at least one DAS proficiency (cabling. Fiber, BTS/HE, conduit/electrical)
- Working knowledge of test equipment including PIM testing, sweep analyzers, circuits, OTDR and signal generating sets (as it pertains to your job field)
- Working knowledge of test gear software for analyzing test results
- Troubleshooting skills to handle trouble tickets, alarming, and maintenance activities
- Collaborate with other workers in order to locate and correct malfunctions
- Perform daily safety meetings, JSA’s, tool box meetings and ensure a safe working environment for crews
- Prepare and distribute regular performance and status reports as required.
- Material Management
- Conduct site surveys, quality checks and job audits.
- Customer support, including: interfacing with the customer, providing guidance on problem resolution, insuring on time customer service, and maintaining a strong customer relations.
- Understands, adheres to, & promotes the Environmental, Health & Safety policies of AFL Telecom.
- Leadership – Proven success in leading high performance teams, achieving results through others, and being a strong team player
- Analytical Thinking – Exceptional ability to analyze data and utilize it to make sound business decision
- Conflict Management and Resolution Skills - Build consensus, anticipate and solve problems
- Results focused – Ability to organize and manage multiple, and at time competing priorities
- Communication Skills – Demonstrate communication skills necessary to interpret policies in situations requiring persuasion and prepare and present presentations,
- Relationship building skills – ability to work within a dynamic team setting and provide role model leadership to AFL workforce
- Associate’s degree in related field required or a minimum of five years equivalent experience in a similar technical management position
- Extensive relevant technical experience to include fundamental understanding of iDAS, oDAS, BTS, repeater systems and other related systems.
- Familiarity with business concepts related to the use of information technologies and networking in all aspects of business and organizational operations for the achievement of business/operating objectives
- Think critically and problem solve
- Handle confidential/sensitive information with discretion
- Good judgment
- Organizational skills
- Knowledge of Telecommunications industry
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Current industry-related licenses and certifications preferred
- Exposure to noisy or dusty conditions; chemicals & solvents; mechanical, electrical, and/or other hazards.
- Use of small hand tools.
- Use of power tools.
- Climbing of stairs, ladders, and/or scaffolds.
- Carrying of loads up & down stairs.
- General hours of Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. But ability to provide support during and outside regular business hours is required.
- Work indoor/outdoor with variable conditions
- Regional travel required.
- Must be able to work in the United States.