Construction Manager / Engineer
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. If you’re interested in a rewarding career working with the industry’s best and most innovative engineers, then Jacobs is where you belong. We are looking for a driven and curious Construction Manager to join our team in Knoxville, TN.
We are looking for a Construction Manager for our Knoxville, TN office to execute exciting and challenging projects. The primary project is a large water treatment plant expansion with a construction duration of 2 years. The employee will work alongside our local team of project and construction managers to perform the following tasks:
- Manager the overall administration of water/wastewater construction contracts.
- Observe and document field and construction activities related to the construction of municipal water and wastewater infrastructure and facilities per the contract requirements.
- Monitoring contractor activities for conformance with the approved contract documents including specifications, drawings, and schedules.
- Work with engineering disciplines and other field inspectors on large, complex projects to ensure that inspection documentation accurately and completely reports the work that has occurred, including items of non-conformance.
- Review and monitor the conformance to safety and quality control plans.
- Maintain accurate and concise daily reports and project records, including record drawings.
- Provide input from the field to assist project managers, designers, and engineers.
- Attend startup and commissioning activities and able to consult on and troubleshoot installations
- Display strong communication and interpersonal skills and can work in a fast-paced consulting environment
- Drive health & safety in all aspects of project execution including field, office, and personal environments.
- Work to build a cooperative partnership between the client, contractor, and all stakeholders to ensure timely resolution of project issues and the overall success of the project
- Collaborate on and contribute to maintaining and building strong client relationships.
- 10 years of related experience
- Proficient in email and basic computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
- 15+ years of related experience
- Industry certification or training in construction management
- Undergraduate degree or demonstrated equivalency training
- Proficient with scheduling and construction and project management platforms such as Microsoft Project and Oracle Primavera or similar.
Grow your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, flourish, and succeed.