EMCOR Services Combustioneer is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world’s leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Founded in 1929, Combustioneer offers complete mechanical contracting services from engineering, design, installation and service to HVAC, plumbing, process piping systems, refrigeration and building automation for commercial, institutional and industrial clients.
Job Title: Construction Manager
Job Summary: EMCOR Services Combustioneer has an immediate opening for a Construction Manager in Lanham, Maryland. This position will be responsible for managing all aspects of the construction division’s performance and will report directly to the President, Combustioneer Corporation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet the Safety Program Goals (Zero accidents). Shall ensure new hires receive all prerquisite safety training within the first 30 days after their hire date. OSHA 10 training shall be performed within 90 days of their hire date.
- Ensure construction projects meet or exceed the proposal budgets. No project shall be closed at less than the originally planned gross margin (GM), unless briefed/approved by the Construction Manager and/or President.
- Ensure that costs associated with projects in progress are always accurately reflected by Project Managers (PMs) in COINs (web-based platform). This includes submitting the start and proposed completion dates for each project. Accepted and completed projects shall have invoice requests processed and sent within 7 days of completion.
- Ensure that all administrative requirements pertaining to construction processes (including payroll, pcard allocations, and PO allocations) are adhered to by your staff.
- Construction Manager shall have weekly contact with PMs to ensure any concerns are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Ensure that monthly, forward-looking project schedules and remaining labor hour reports are provided when required and completed in an accurate manner.
- Provide timely feedback and performance evaluation to your direct reports (PMs). These are to be documented as required with a hard copy placed in the respective personnel files (in HR).
- Complete the annual Business Conduct/Ethics, Workplace Harrassment, and IT compliance training and ensure that your division(s) complete the same, before year end.
- Ensure that the work in progress (in regards to meeting all contract requirements) and your interaction with site facility managers and/or owners are maintained at the highest possible level of professionalism.
Maryland Master HVAC and Electrical licenses desired; and three to five years of related executive project management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ten (10) years in construction project management within Mechanical Construction or similar industry; Microsoft Office and CAD/BIM system experience required.
Outstanding communication and multitasking skills required.
Demonstrated proficiency with Excel required (including light data modeling and formulas).
Strong written and verbal communication, self-motivated and interpersonal skills.
Must have extreme attention to detail, experience handling sensitive and confidential data, superior organizational skills and multitasking ability to meet overlapping deadlines.
Highly motivated with ability to adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Must have professional and welcoming attitude and experience managing the Project Managers of medium and large sized-construction projects.
Experience in a Mechanical Construction environment focused on both plan/spec and design/build scopes is preferred.
EMCOR Services Combustioneer requires all employees who will be required to work onsite, whether regularly or sporadically to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. EMCOR Services Combustioneer is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled.