Green Plains, Inc.
Mount Vernon, IN
You will be responsible for overseeing all construction activities of FQT’s systems at various FQT client locations. You are responsible for leading the project execution from pre-construction activities through project close out and the final customer acceptance phase. You are expected to fully understand all phases of construction activities as well as customer interactions and have the demonstrated ability to accurately and timely communicate to all vested parties involved in the construction project. Timely communications include the FQT leadership team, all contractors and key facility management personnel and contractors. Additionally, you must fully understand and be competent to manage the project budget and to ensure all projects are on or ahead of their planned timeline.
The Construction Manager will be accountable for providing full construction oversight of each project from pre-construction activities through the project close out. Site/project safety of the CM and all contractors working under the CM, must be a top priority at all times. Adherence to all safety policies/best practices must be maintained and adhered to at all times during the construction phase. The CM must fully understand all aspects of an active construction project and must be able to make critical, yet timely decisions to ensure project success. The CM must be able to read and fully understand P&ID’s, CAD and structural steel drawings, with the ability to address engineering issue/concerns pre-construction. The CM will work with the Project Manager and will be responsible to execute the project within budget and timeline. The CM needs to ensure all necessary actions are taken to ensure a full project success – safe, on time and under budget. Contractor interactions and holding contractors accountable during all phases of the project are a top priority for this position. Additional roles, responsibilities and key skills include;
- Highly proficient in project management and project execution
- Acts safely at all times and instills strong safety behavior with all contractors
- Ensures job/work flow accountabilities are clearly understood and acted upon
- Ability to hold contractors fully accountable for performance measurements
- Participate in constructability design reviews
- Provide support during system start-ups
- Maintains up-to-date as-built drawings
- Executes Construction QA/QC protocols, such as rotation checks, megger reports, and other QA checks
- Oversees and participates in purchasing activities, such as on-site storage and receipt verification
- Coordinate inspections and holds with local building inspectors
- Coordinate FRI responses from the Engineering group
- Instills a high quality work environment at all times as well as demonstrates a strong QA/QC process on site
- Effectively identifies and analyzes construction problems and takes timely steps to rectify identified issues
- Strong communication with internal and external customers
- Planning focus that can foresee potential construction roadblocks and takes corrective measures to mitigate issues
- Budget/timeline management skills – ability to develop and manage a construction budget/timeline, with the ability to accurately project future project costs and project completion estimates
- Ability to fully read and understand P&ID’s and detailed construction drawings
- Contract/contractor negotiation experience is a must
- Field management skills to mitigate changes, scope creep to the project via client requests
- Mechanical aptitude to start-up systems, provide maintenance oversight and troubleshooting skills/tools
- Detailed civil (site and soil prep, concrete/rebar, structural steel) comprehension of industrial projects is required
- Piping (mechanical), electrical (MCC switch gear, transformers, motor wiring) and automation (instrumentation wiring and installation) knowledge is a must
- Examine/Inspect field conditions to identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving opportunities, while recommend/implement corrective actions where necessary
- Manage document control; receive and maintain control log of new-issue drawings and other contract documents
- Review new issue drawings and contract documents for change of conditions; quantify impact of changes and review with management; distribute new issues to project teams
- Construction Management experience is a must with this position.
- An engineering degree with experience in the chemical or bio-refining fields and ten (10) plus years experience in the lump sum engineering-construction business is desired
- Strong knowledge of cost engineering, mechanical system check-out, start-up and commissioning, training, safety oversight, and general set-up of operations also preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Handles themselves in a professional manner at all times, even during challenging situations with the client and contractors
- Seeks a win:win approach to resolve any conflicts/issues on the project site
- Maintains a high level of productivity and effectiveness when experiencing major changes/challenges
- Removes performance barriers to ensure project success
- Defines short and long term resource requirements for each project
- Demonstrates the ability to make tough decisions and take appropriate actions
- Establishes open lines of communication
- Identifies and communicates internal and external best demonstrated practices
Must have proven abilities and skills in leadership and management of people, client relations, delegating, planning, organizing, problem solving, conflict resolution, high safety standards and contractor motivation
Successful candidate must set standards of excellence in leadership, safety, quality and productivity
Travel: Travel of up to 75% is expected with this position. Travel expense is reimbursed directly to employee.
Fluid Quip Technologies
Fluid Quip Technologies® (Fluid Quip) provides custom technologies and engineering services to the biofuel and biochemical industries worldwide. Fluid Quip has commercialized multiple technologies to enhance the base corn-to-ethanol dry grind process, create new and novel alternative feed products, and supply the growing need for carbohydrate feedstocks into the biochemical market. Green Plains Inc., Ospraie Management, and funds and accounts managed by BlackRock hold a majority interest in Fluid Quip.
Green Plains Inc. offers competitive pay: a generous benefit package including business casual work environment, health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) and a 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting and company safe harbor matching. All potential employees of Green Plains Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Green Plains Inc.
Green Plains Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRE) is a leading biorefining company focused on the development and utilization of fermentation, agricultural and biological technologies in the processing of annually renewable crops into sustainable value-added ingredients. This includes the production of cleaner low carbon biofuels, renewable feedstocks for advanced biofuels and high purity alcohols for use in cleaners and disinfectants. Green Plains is an innovative producer of Ultra-High Protein and novel ingredients for animal and aquaculture diets to help satisfy a growing global appetite for sustainable protein. The Company also owns a 48.9% limited partner interest and a 2.0% general partner interest in Green Plains Partners LP.