Construction Manager – Phoenix, AZ
Job ID: 432581
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
The Construction Manager is critical to the overall growth, profitability, and execution of the Torrent Resources business unit! The candidate must be a highly skilled and motivated individual with strong communication and organizational skills to manage both construction administration and construction operations in support of a rapidly growing business. This role requires leadership and development of General Superintendents, Production Supervisors, and more.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Embrace and promote the company’s core values along with driving a safety-first operational culture
- Lead and oversee multiple site superintendents and production supervisors on various projects and delegate tasks as needed
- Participate in the formation of production & site schedules to ensure timely completion according to project schedule and demand
- Collaborate and partner with the HSE Manager to continuously put safety-first and promote a zero-harm mindset
- Promote a culture of engagement and talent development with every level of the business
- Collaborate with leadership team members on building high performing teams and increase recruitment for field personnel needs
- Coordinate with the dispatch team on material flow and inventories to ensure proper quantities are on-hand for project completion
- Oversee the operational management team responsible for project execution, operational efficiencies, daily production logs, and construction reports, punch list, etc.
- Maintain a strong relationship with all business partners, unions, and senior leadership
- Build and maintain working knowledge of project specifications, scope, and project requirements
- Ability to delegate work effectively while supporting the standards of the code of business conduct
- Other production and operational duties as assigned
- 5+ years of construction experience
- Project management and experience reading and interpreting shop/engineering drawings specifications
- Ability to understand construction scopes of work and ability to read and understand plans for grading
- Ability to maintain good relations with employees, leadership team members, trade partners, and vendors, and customers
- Problem solving and analytical ability
- Knowledge of heavy civil equipment performance and excavation
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.