The Construction Mechanic performs many tasks that require physical labor on construction sites. The Mechanic mainly assists the construction craft worker or electrician. They may carry tools and materials or help set up equipment. They are able to perform a wide range of tasks varying in complexity from very easy to extremely difficult and potentially hazardous.
- Under the Foreman’s supervision, act as a team leader to independently undertake a specific phase of work and direct others in the completion of that goal.
- Be able to spot and direct the heavy equipment operators, track hoe and loaders, from the ground during excavation operations. The ability to operate small machinery, such as a skid steer loader or backhoe, is a plus.
- Able to cut and thread steel pipe and assist in the fitting and installation on underground and above-ground tanks.
- Assist with the foreman shooting grades, and simple paperwork.
- Help maintain a clean and organized job site per the foreman’s direction.
- Help maintain a safe job site - make sure all signs and safety barricades and devices are in place and wear the proper personal protective equipment for the task being performed.
- Keep the tools of the trade picked up, cleaned and organized on the truck or job trailer.
- Keep the job inventory straight per the foreman’s directions.
- Communicate and look ahead to avoid problems and help plan.
- Present the Company image and maintain personal appearance.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and be able to safely operate a construction truck and tow small trailers when needed. (No DUI’s within the past 5 years)
- A minimum High School diploma or GED.
- Ability to read a blueprint.
- Basic math and mechanical skills.
- Experience with HVAC, pipefitting, petroleum construction, or related field.
The duties listed above are not meant to be all-inclusive. Management may assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities at any time.
*JF Petroleum Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.