Construction Operations Intern- TN
Job ID: 178719
Since 1947, Harrison Construction Company, a CRH company, has been the preferred source for ground-level site construction throughout eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina. Committed to quality, service and safety, our integrated products and services enable us to build and manage site development projects from concept through construction. In addition, by being a part of the CRH family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Construction Management Intern-TN
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, Harrison Construction has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
- We are seeking a qualified, safety minded, highly motivated individual to work as a Construction Trainee to be involved with and learn about various aspects of our company. The intern will be exposed to all lines of business and will follow a 12 month program including the following on a rotational basis.
- North Carolina Plant Process/Quality Control/Sales/Environmental
- Ready-Mix Concrete Plants/Quality Control/Dispatch/Sales/Operations
- Asphalt Plants/Quality Control/Estimating/Laydown
- Construction Current projects
- Rotation through other Departments Mechanic Shops/Safety/Dispatch and others as recommended
- Final day - The Experience Presentation Powerpoint/Overview/Evaluation of program/Harrison Overview
- In addition to learning those aspects of the assigned division, the selected individual will be required to perform general labor duties and work long hours with the crew which could include some night work.
- Travel required throughout eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina dependent on schedule. A valid drivers license with a good driving record is mandetory.
- The selected individual must display a courteous and professional attitude when dealing with co-workers, customers and the public.
- Long hours, nights, travel overnights and weekends may be required.
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated from a college or university majoring in Civil and/or Construction Management Engineering is required.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Harrison Construction Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.