Construction Program Manager
Parsons has a need for a Construction Program Manager on the US Capitol Power Plant's (CPP’s) Utility Distribution System (UDS) O&M and Preventative Maintenance project in Washington, DC. The position is responsible for on-site team management and ensures on-schedule completion within or below budget in accordance with contractual obligations. The Program Manager is responsible for scope management and commercial performance of the project to meet project goals and objectives. Plans and defines program goals and devises methods to accomplish them; develops in-depth knowledge of client objectives, contract terms, and corporate policies.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Facilitate construction activities related to Prime Contracts and coordinate with LOC, AOC, and other associated Government Entities Schedule progress weekly meetings or as instructed by the COR, with all concerned parties to review the project, discuss problems and resolve issues as necessary.
- Monitor all construction activities scheduled with emphasis on milestones, phasing/ sequencing, completion date, submittals, efficient and balanced work flow, major tests, and any unique requirements needing special scheduling or tracking.
- Evaluate and quantitatively analyze all submissions for their completeness and timeliness
- Prepare correspondence as necessary to respond to contractor(s) and clients; confirms project matters, etc. Documentation of all actions taken and decisions made during the course of projects is essential to build an accurate project history for future reference.
What Required Skills You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in construction-related field (or equivalent construction-related work experience)
- 15+ years of experience in field construction is required.
- CCM, PMP, P.E, or A.I.A
What Desired Skills You'll Bring:
- Assist in submittal reviews and comments and will incorporate all A/E submittal comments into all copies of the documents, review comments again coordinating with COR confirming A/E recommendations and their impact of possible changes.
- Coordinate with all involved parties the preparation of Change Order packages for the review/approval/ rejection and signature of the CO and handle all related processing and distribution. The coordination, preparation, processing, and distribution of Change Order packages includes, but is not limited to, Price Reasonableness, Requests for Information, Proposal Requests, Government Estimates, analysis and negotiations of Cost Proposals, Justifications, and Supplemental Agreements
- Produce daily and weekly reports on RFIs, submittals and procured activities to COR Process and maintain paperwork, database for background checks, ID badges and emails in accordance with AOC/Library procedures as outlined in the Cellular IDIQ and IDIQ attachments
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneThis position is part of our Federal Solutions team.Our Federal Solutions segment delivers resources to our US government customers that ensure the success of missions around the globe. Our diverse, intelligent employees drive the state of the art as they provide services and solutions in the areas of defense, security, intelligence, infrastructure, and environmental. We promote a culture of excellence and close-knit teams that take pride in delivering, protecting, and sustaining our nation's most critical assets, from Earth to cyberspace. Throughout the company, our people are anticipating what’s next to deliver the solutions our customers need now.We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!