Construction Project Coordinator
Ready to put your skills to work on Technical or Engineering projects? Are you great with people and have willingness to work hard to get the job done? Parsons is seeking a candidate with a desire to enhance the fabric of our community.
T4 Program Summary: The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) awarded the Technical Support Services Contract 4 (T4) to Parsons in August 2012. Parsons is the prime contractor. This $1.3 billion+ contract has a 4-year base period with two 3-year options. The statement of work includes a variety of activities that support the FAA’s Capital Investment Plan (CIP) modernization efforts: Site selection and engineering, construction, environmental and fire/life safety, equipment installation and testing, CAD, and other technical services as required. Work is performed across the nation in each of the FAA’s nine regions as well as the Aeronautical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and the Technical Center in Atlantic City, New Jersey and in several U.S. territories. An average staff of 400-500 with a peak staff over 650 supports this contract, in addition to those subcontractors who perform construction work.
A. General requirements:
Performs a variety of moderately-complex office project management assignments related to self-performed or subcontracted design-build infrastructure projects including buildings, communications towers and FAA infrastructure. The coordinator at this level regularly engages in problem analysis and exercises discretion and independent judgment in selecting and applying general industry practices. May give functional guidance to craft or lower-level technical personnel. Willingness to travel to construction site locations is expected.
B. Specific duties are:
- Coordinates project document and records management services for all aspects of a project from start-up to closeout. This includes providing on-demand request services to the regional manager, and project manager.
-Typical requests include:
Develop Risk Management Plans (RMPs).
Create and maintain electronic construction management sites for new projects using Microsoft SharePoint system.
Create Purchase Requisitions (PRs).
Assist PM with creating independent estimates for projects.
Document controls duties to include proper T4 filing procedures in various TSSC systems.
Coordinate resource needs with the Resource Manager.
Review drawings for constructability and submittals for specification compliance.
Work with field staff to handle daily issues such as posting and organizing daily reports and project photos.
Create and maintain Microsoft Project master project schedules.
- Documentation to include submittal tracking, RFI/FI tracking, constructability review of design drawings, purchase requisition creation, posting & labeling site photos, and other document control tasks as needed.
- Ensures that document control system is administered and maintained in accordance with Parsons and client procedures.
- Performs various office engineering assignments involving the monitoring and technical evaluation of work in progress on a field construction site.
- Establishes and maintains liaison with design engineering staff.
- Reviews and interprets design drawings and specifications to ensure current revision level and feasibility to perform technical execution of work.
- Ensures that all work within his/her assigned scope of responsibility is installed in accordance with plans, specifications, and industry and quality standards. This includes ensuring that all tests and inspections are performed, witnessed, and documented in accordance with approved procedures by onsite T4 personnel.
- Collaborates with risk specialists to eliminate any hazards associated with the work that may adversely affect the environment or the safety or health of employees.
- Ensures that personnel of the assigned group engage in safe work practices in compliance with site-specific safety procedures and industry standards.
- Confirms onsite T4 Resident Engineer (field superintendent) maintains a daily log for permanent record of project construction, as well as discipline data for the final project turnover and report.
- Maintains construction technical catalogs, supplier data, and other literature pertaining to the project.
- May assist field resident engineers and work release project managers in portions of larger more-complex activities as directed.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• High school diploma or equivalent and 3 plus years of related experience. Preferred candidate working towards CMIT, CCM, PMP.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneThis position is part of our Federal Solutions team.Our Federal Solutions segment delivers resources to our US government customers that ensure the success of missions around the globe. Our diverse, intelligent employees drive the state of the art as they provide services and solutions in the areas of defense, security, intelligence, infrastructure, and environmental. We promote a culture of excellence and close-knit teams that take pride in delivering, protecting, and sustaining our nation's most critical assets, from Earth to cyberspace. Throughout the company, our people are anticipating what’s next to deliver the solutions our customers need now.Salary Range: $56,900.00 - $99,600.00We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!