Construction Project Engineer – Harrisburg, PA
Job ID: 463543
Pennsy Supply is a CRH company. CRH is the leading vertically integrated supplier of asphalt, aggregates, cement, ready-mix concrete, and paving and construction services in North America. Our 24,100 employees at 1,300 operating locations provide our customers with top-quality, innovative products and services.
Safety-minded, motivated, and high energy Project Engineer to perform primary responsibilities of assisting in Project Management functions and assist in project delivery. This position will also require supporting operations, and contract administration.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist Project Managers with quantity takeoff.
- Assist with project submittals, PennDOT, Municipal, Commercial projects.
- Assist Construction Coordinator with schedules.
- Assist Area Managers with project set up and delivery.
- Assist Forepersons with project details.
- Accompany Project Managers to client meetings and documentation of details.
- Assist in bidding process.
- Deliver bids.
- Attend bid openings and document results.
- Enter bid items into Bidding Software.
- Set up projects in Bidding Software to import to Accounting System
- Verify field quantities
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
- Strict adherence to Pennsy Supply policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Book of Policies.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Pennsy Supply employees. Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
Attend training and safety classes as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Candidate must have a good skill set on the following competencies: Drives for Results, Collaboration, and Developing Talent.
Education and Experience
Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Project Management or equivalent experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Applicant shall possess strong skill sets on the following competencies:
- Drive for results
- Developing Talent
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Fine Motor
- Repetitive Motion
This position requires an employee to lift:
- 0-10 lbs
- 10-25 lbs
- 25-50 lbs
- 50-100 lbs
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to wet, humid condition airborne particles, and extreme heat or cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud and may require protective equipment.
- Working with Others
- Hot Weather
- Cold Weather
- Wet Weather
- Exposed to Noise
- Exposed to High Heat
- Moving Equipment
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Pennsy Supply, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.