Construction Project Engineer (Houston, TX) – Austin Commercial
Austin Industries, Inc.
Do you want to make a difference? Do you want to grow your career at one of the industry’s leading construction firms? Put your expertise and project engineering skills to work at Austin Commercial. Austin Commercial is currently seeking Construction Project Engineers for a large project in the Houston, TX area. We set the standard for commercial construction and we’re looking for talented construction professionals to join us. Austin is 100% employee-owned, so every one of our employee-owners has a vested interest in our success. As a result, we consistently meet and exceed our customers’ expectations with our commitment to safety, service, and integrity. Join us today. We Own It!
The Project Engineer assists the Project Manager in a variety of engineering functions such as procurement, expediting of construction materials, and related functions.
- Notifies subcontractors of commencement dates; solicits delivery schedules from suppliers; expedites deliveries to avoid costly construction delays
- Participates in the detailed estimating of cost and construction time for proposed changes; may participate in direct negotiations with owners about change orders; when negotiations are concluded, the PE I ensures that contract plans and the master schedule are updated properly
- Prepares submittal schedule as required to meet construction schedule and coordinates submissions with subcontractors; assumes overall responsibility for submittals to include checking for accuracy, transmittals to and from subcontractors, architects, superintendents, and maintaining logs
- Prepares and/or oversees the preparation of a number of reports dealing with the project, such as material logs, submittal logs, RFI logs, drawing logs, long-lead items log as required by owners and/or company operating procedures
- Assists the project manager in the preparation of subcontracts; assists in resolving any problems regarding the interpretation and/or execution of the subcontract.
- Assists in the verification of monthly subcontractor payment requests
- May assume a role in locating suppliers for various building materials; reviews invoices upon request to verify quantity, quality, and prices for construction materials
- Responds to requests for information (RFIs) from owners and subcontractors, preparing RFIs for the project architect and/or structural engineer of record when necessary to clarify technical issues concerning the project.
- Assists in compiling close-out documents, including as-built drawings, guarantees, warranties, service manuals, and other related documents for delivery to the owner; may prepare Austin’s warranty for inclusion in this package and assist in preparing other close-out documents as assigned
- Participates in job site safety as outlined in company’s Safety & Health Manual
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s of Science degree in construction management/science, engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years experience in large, commercial construction projects
- Demonstrated experience with RFIs, submittals, and punch lists
- Experience preferred in aviation, healthcare, high-rise, higher education, advanced technology, or corporate campus construction
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401K plan. We are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP)! To learn more about Austin, please go to https://www.austin-ind.com/our-company/who-we-are.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Austin ("The Company") is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all federal, state, and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
No Agency Inquiries Please
Austin Industries and all operating divisions (Austin Bridge & Road, Austin Commercial, and Austin Industrial) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names, or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names, or summaries submitted to Austin Industries, or any of its employee-owners, become the property of Austin Industries and Austin Industries will not pay a placement fee.
About Austin Commercial
Become an owner of one of North America's most respected and fastest-growing commercial construction firms! Austin Commercial’s employee-owners put our expertise to work in regional and national operations, building iconic projects that set the bar in our industry. Whether world-class airports and aviation facilities, technologically advanced healthcare facilities, cutting-edge educational and research facilities, professional sports stadiums, high-rises, hospitality, and other leading commercial markets, Austin’s industry expertise and ingenuity are second to none. Become an employee-owner today, grow your career, and put your skills to work at Austin Commercial. We Own It!