Construction Project Manager -Buildings
Long Beach, CA
At Jacobs, we’re not just building structures, we’re helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their various facilities that are shaping our world. We're looking for an experienced and collaborative Project Manager who thrives when people are in sync and projects are running not just on time but within budget. Based in Long Beach California, reporting directly to the Program Manager and working alongside other project managers, you’ll be responsible not only for the overall project delivery, but also for the management of the project development from conception through completion in accordance with program objectives. You''ll manage and provide construction oversight and resolve complex construction project related issues, disputes and disagreements.
You''ll also plan, direct and coordinate construction projects to ensure client goals or objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
As the onsite Owners representative, you’ll be responsible for ensuring not only the progress and technical performance of a project, but also the material management, schedule, cost, scope and safety of the team. Your role keeps our company connected and we’ll support you with what you need to be successful.
Bring your curiosity, passion for innovation, and talent for multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. We’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what inspires you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline, Construction Management, or Architecture
- 10+ years of experience as a Construction Project Manager on commercial and/or public/educational facility construction
- Strong working knowledge of pre-design and pre-construction, building systems/components and technology, contract management, project delivery methods, team building and client relationship building
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
- Proven experience working on complex projects with construction values in excess of $20M
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM), CM-Lean, DBIA Professional
- Educational or public Buildings experience
- BIM experience
- Experience with DSA construction/design process
- Experience in LEED certified project or CHPS