Construction Project Manager – Calspan Business Park
Calspan Systems Corp.
Calspan Business Park, a premier property management company that leases office and industrial space in Western New York, is looking for a Construction Project Manager to oversee a variety of tasks including the planning of construction projects and overseeing the progress to completion in a timely and cost-effective manner. This is a great opportunity to be part of an organization with a rich 75 year history that prides itself on its Be Calspan Values. If you think you have what it takes to Be Calspan, we encourage you to speak with us.
Core Responsibilities Listed Below – Compensation and position level commensurate with education and experience.
- Responsible for successful delivery of multiple construction projects from project conception, through creation of construction documents and turnover to on-site facilities department. Coordinates projects with management, customers, consultants, public entities and on-site maintenance staff. Maintains records of ongoing construction for proper as-built documentation and turnover to facility manager.
- Coordinate and directs suppliers, construction workers and subcontractors to ensure work is completed to meet project time-lines. Inspect projects to ensure all work meets quality standards and conforms to design specifications.
- Prepare and manage budgets and schedules through the whole project life-cycle and to ensure subcontractor awards and material purchases meet established project goals and timeliness.
- Maintain job-site safety program. Perform site safety inspections to ensure compliance regarding all safety and health requirements.
Preferred Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field
- Experience in construction management or similar role.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to above
Preferred Knowledge / Ability:
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant codes, regulations and quality standards.
- Excellent leadership, communication and project management skills
- Command of Microsoft project; CAD experience a plus
- OSHA 30-hour course, or ability to promptly receive certification
Why join Calspan?
Be Calspan Culture
At Calspan, we promote an environment that empowers employees and encourages innovation. Our management team enables a strong sense of teamwork with each endeavor, where successes are shared and lessons are learned. The company’s talent brand, “Be Calspan”, incorporates our company values to Be Inclusive, Accountable, and Innovative and our commitment to drive every individual to - Be Developed, Be Balanced, Be Connected, Be Community and Be Recognized. Our culture promotes a positive atmosphere and competitive can-do method of action.
Great Benefits = Happy, Committed Employees
Retaining great talent is as important as finding it, so at Calspan, we take our employee value proposition of Be Calspan quite seriously. To us, that means offering competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, recognition programs and promotional opportunities. Our benefits include: Health Insurance, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, 401(k), Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Universal Life Insurance Policy, Paid-Time Off, Company-paid Holidays, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty, Military Leave, Employee Assistance Program, Educational Assistance Reimbursement , and Pet Insurance.
Calspan is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Calspan supports safe and drug free workplace through pre-employment background checks and drug testing.