Construction Project Manager
As a family-owned company under our third generation of leadership, we have built our business based on the principles of trust, integrity, and a desire to help our customers and employees succeed.
Since 1926, we’ve supported the strength of our communities by supplying equipment for critical infrastructure and commerce, and by funding programs that advance social and economic vitality. Being around for nearly 100 years means we change and pivot to capture opportunities and avoid challenges. We make smart investments in our company and continuously improve as part of our vision to be a trailblazing company that’s built to last.
We’re looking for hard-working, team-oriented professionals who enjoy working on new challenges every day. We believe our employees are the key to our success, and we’re committed to providing a work experience that helps our team grow to their full potential.
Join a leading solutions provider and be a part of a group of highly skilled technicians, sales and support team members who exist to serve as a trusted partner to our customers, communities, and fellow employees.
This position will be an integral partner in supporting CTE’s real estate and facility asset portfolio and construction projects. Projects will include new store expansions, existing building remodels and expansions, equipment yard concrete/asphalt/gravel replacements and expansions, and enterprise lifecycle projects. This position will require a high level of detail orientation and the ability to be a strategic decision maker. The Construction Project Manager reports to the Real Estate Project Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist the Real Estate Project Manager in the selection and hiring process of project design team members.
- Assist the Real Estate Project Manager in the design process providing budget, schedule and constructability input.
- Engage, direct, and manage engineering consultants and architects as needed to complete assigned projects.
- Review and interpret plans, specifications, and real estate documents.
- Manage relationships and interface on a daily basis with internal customers, engineers, contractors, architects, and colleagues on a variety of small to mid-size facilities & construction endeavors.
- Prepare vendor requests for proposals, analyze/align bids, and make award recommendation.
- Negotiate and prepare construction and consultant contracts through the assistance of internal Purchasing Manager.
- Provide day-to-day management, technical direction, supervision, and coordination of assigned facilities and construction activities.
- Review and track project invoices to ensure invoice amount aligns with adjusted contract value and work completed to date.
- Review project RFIs and Submittals to ensure what is being submitted aligns with internal client’s expectations and budget, as well as to ensure responses are being submitted within required timeframes.
- Develop, manage and update project schedule incorporating all phases of the project cycle
- Evaluate and negotiate contractor’s pay requests and change order requests.
- When required, work with property management teams to coordinate project team access, fire alarm/sprinkler impairments, electrical service or HVAC systems disruptions, etc.
- Manage multiple projects in various phases in various locations at any given time.
- Conduct project site inspections during construction to ensure work in place is compliant with design documents and the progress is in alignment with presented schedules.
- Create and manage detailed project budgets. This includes tracking budget reallocations, change orders, commitments, expenditures, forecasts and analysis on a regular basis.
- Lead regularly scheduled project team and client only project meetings. Publish meeting minutes to document what was discussed and agreed to.
- Administer punch list and project close-out activities; including acceptance and completion of project, key turn over (KTO), occupancy plans, warranty inspections, asset hand-off to Facilities
- Report project status regularly to project team and client.
- Travel required 50-75%
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Associates Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Real Estate or Construction Management preferred
- 5+ years of directly related real estate project management experience managing small to mid-size commercial real estate & facilities projects
- High degree of professionalism with the ability to handle multiple tasks in an organized manner, produce quality work and meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrates good judgment and develops common sense solutions to problems
- Strong technical fluency with commercial construction systems, methods and materials
- Must work well in a fast moving, high expectation environment.
- Experience managing teams of design and construction professionals
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Office, Project and PowerPoint. CAD would be preferred but not required.
- U.S. Green Building Council LEED Green Associate’s designation a plus
Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Office, Project and PowerPoint. CAD would be preferred but not required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
U.S. Green Building Council LEED Green Associate’s designation a plus
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations
where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.