Construction Project Manager (Food, Beverage, and LS Manufacturing Facilities)
Steeger USA, LLC
Fort Worth, TX
About Us:Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world’s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
We have an immediate need for 2 (local or remote) Construction Managers (Project Manager/Construction or CPM) to handle assignments out of our FT. Worth, TX office. This manager will become an integral part of the construction team and under the direction of our Directors of Construction. As an experienced Construction Project Manager, you will work with our in-house project Design Team and other licensed Professional Engineers, Governing Authorities, Subcontractors and Clients to manage construction projects in the food, beverage, and Life Science manufacturing sectors. Our Construction Manager will interface with our fortune 500 clients, who are industry leaders, to provide quality project execution and will require travel to our various client facilities.
Some traits and skills wanted for this position are Experience on the contract administration side of construction projects, negotiating contracts, develop schedules, budgets and estimating. Putting bids together for buyouts and final presentation, Familiar with one or more SW packages such as Procore, Bluebeam, MS Project, Office, Outlook, Timberline, AutoCAD, Revit.
Responsible for effective (safe, quality, timely, cost effective) execution of industrial construction project work on site, through planning, coordination and control of construction resources and activities from inception to project closeout.
- Responsible for ensuring that all materials of construction and methods of construction conform to company, industry, and regulatory standards, specifications, and requirements.
- Responsible for managing the entire contractor bidding process from assembly of bid packages, conducting job walks, evaluating bids, and coordinating contractor mobilization activities.
- Will work as an extension of the client’s project team including Project Manager, Site Engineer, and Plant Manager.
- Ideal applicant will have 20 yrs. maximum total experience in various construction roles. (Project Engineer, Site Superintendent, Construction Project Manager)
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience as a construction manager (Industrial structures experience needed) with overall project responsibility ideally gained from an A&E design build firm.
- Highly desired is any experience as a construction manager in industrial structures aimed at the food, beverage, and consumer products, pharmaceutical or related industries.
- Successfully completed industrial projects with values ranging from $50K to $50M.
- Project experience and working knowledge of process systems and ability to read P&IDs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and MS Project is desired.
- Manufacturing site experience is preferred.
- Relocation for this position is not required. This is intended as a permanent career position. We are looking for highly qualified applicants either local to Ft. Worth or one of our 45 offices or established airport and transportation services.
- Travel - Flexibility for travel to jobsites. Most of this travel will be regional to construction jobsites or for assignments at client facilities to provide supervision oversight of construction activities.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related technical degree field.
- Equivalent years of experience in Construction Management for manufacturing facilities can be substituted for degree.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Completion of OSHA 10- or 30-hour training required
- Construction Project Management accreditation / certification (or equivalent experience)
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process. Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.