Construction Project Manager
Ready to put your project management skills to work on complex, urban projects? Are you great with people and have a track record working with teams to get the job done?
T4 Program Summary: The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) awarded the Technical Support Services Contract 4 (T4) to Parsons in August 2012. Parsons is the prime contractor. This $1.3 billion+ contract has a 4-year base period with two 3-year options. The statement of work includes a variety of activities that support the FAA’s Capital Investment Plan (CIP) modernization efforts: Site selection and engineering, construction, environmental and fire/life safety, equipment installation and testing, CAD, and other technical services as required. Work is performed across the nation in each of the FAA’s nine regions as well as the Aeronautical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and the Technical Center in Atlantic City, New Jersey and in several U.S. territories. An average staff of 400-500 with a peak staff over 650 supports this contract, in addition to those subcontractors who perform construction work.
Parsons is now hiring a Field Project Manager with a desire to work on creating innovative, practical solutions while acting as a client representative. In this role you will: under direction of the project manager, you will manage all onsite activities for a small project, or a subtask of a larger project, in accordance with the project schedule. This includes directing and coordinating subcontractor activities in accordance with project/client procedures, scope of work, and contract specifications. Serves as the primary point of contact with the client for all site activities related to assigned area(s) of responsibility. Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your experience as a client rep at a field level will propel your career and leadership opportunities forward. We need our Field Project Managers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team oriented environments that have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Will require oversight of multiple projects at any given time and will serve as primary point of contact with the client for all project related concerns. Assigned projects will support FAA’s franchise customers focused on security and surveillance efforts.
- Must be able to establish master project schedules, budgets, and monitor progress against those requirements with frequent status updates to the client. Manage and communicate schedule impacts and implement timely recovery actions.
- Develop project scope documents, estimates and other documents as required to obtain construction subcontractors for on-site field work.
- Must be able to manage subcontractors remotely while working closely with Parsons on-site representative
- Lead or aid in the development of a risk management plan to document all potential hazards on-site and ensure it is put into practice by all team members.
- Oversight of project budgets to ensure progress versus funding is balanced and project can be completed with available funds. Work closely with client when additional funds are required, including justification of request.
- Chair weekly project status meetings, prepare and submit a summary of project progress; identify and notify management of any concerns in a timely manner. Document and execute changes in scope of projects, as necessary.
- Keep client and management informed of the day-to-day activities of the project.
- Maintain accurate documentation of job progress through daily logs and other reports.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
4-year degree in engineering/architecture or related construction field, civil or equivalent experience
8+ years’ related work experience, with at least 3 years in a project management role directly responsible for all aspects of construction, engineering, or self-perform installation projects, with proven track record of successful completion of contract deliverables.
Experience with tower erection/modifications highly preferred.
Experience working with tower crews in the cellular, broadcast or microwave backhaul environment preferred.
PMP and/or CCM highly desirable.
Experience working on Federal Government construction projects highly preferred.
Knowledgeable on subcontract management, including project controls, configuration management, risk management, schedule and cost control.
Proven ability to perform in a lead capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a familiarity of industry practices and regulations are required.
Must be able to meet customer security requirements. A background check by Federal Authorities will be performed.
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneThis position is part of our Federal Solutions team.Our Federal Solutions segment delivers resources to our US government customers that ensure the success of missions around the globe. Our diverse, intelligent employees drive the state of the art as they provide services and solutions in the areas of defense, security, intelligence, infrastructure, and environmental. We promote a culture of excellence and close-knit teams that take pride in delivering, protecting, and sustaining our nation's most critical assets, from Earth to cyberspace. Throughout the company, our people are anticipating what’s next to deliver the solutions our customers need now.We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!