Construction Project Manager
Position Title: Project Manager
What we need:
Seneca Companies is currently seeking a Project Manager. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a growing area within our family owned and operated business directly supporting the organizations where you may purchase your fuel.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you have a strong work ethic with a positive mindset?
- Are you looking for something where you can build a long-term career?
- Do you want to a career where every day is different and will require you to think out of the box?
- Overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals
- Prepare estimates for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Lead the planning and implementation of project
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define project tasks and resource requirements
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates
- Assemble and coordinate project staff
- Monitors productivity and cost and recommends changes in order to mitigate problems and maintain maximum labor, productivity and cost effectiveness. Reports project status to ensure profitability goals and management of cash/cost/billing
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
- Project evaluations and assessment of results
- Travel to job sites as required (20-40%)
What you need to have:
- Minimum experience/background in project management and/or estimating of 5+ years.
- Four-year degree in Construction Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of internal and external customers
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills. Excellent computer skills
- Experience with scheduling software, preferably Microsoft Project
- Knowledge of job costing and project estimating principles and practices
What we give you in return:
Our competitive Benefit program offers a comprehensive benefits package that supports healthy lifestyles, preventative care and helps to protect against hardship. Our retirement plan offers our employees the opportunity to plan for a strong financial future well beyond their working years.
About Seneca Companies:
Seneca Companies is a diverse group of entities committed to providing unequaled customer attention through a range of related services including: Fuel Systems, General Contracting, Environmental Services, Waste Solutions Services, Energy Solutions and Automotive & Commercial Equipment. With a corporate office in Des Moines, IA we have roughly 350 employees in eight different branch offices spanning a service area of over eighteen states.
Seneca Companies is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business. Accordingly, all employment decisions at the Seneca Companies, including those relating to hiring, promotion, transfers, benefits, compensation, and placement, will be made without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic characteristics, religion, religious dress and/or grooming, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, U.S. military status, political affiliation, or any other class protected by state and/or federal law.