The project manager works closely with assigned salesperson to stay abreast of customer needs on each active project: participates in problem resolution for jobs by skillfully gathering and analyzing information, developing alternate approaches and working well with small groups. Responsible for communication with the customer, managing project schedules and coordinating with project management for ordering and delivering materials on a timely basis.
- Receives telephone calls, emails and other correspondence from customers and coordinates response with assigned salesperson assuring reply within 24 hours
- Corresponds and follows up with customers by sending final door, hardware or other schedules for approval
- Assures a prompt return and communicates changes and progress of schedule
- Contacts customer before each jobsite delivery to assure proper scheduling of delivery and assures all logistics regarding delivery commitments are fulfilled
- Coordinates job site meetings to assure that salesperson is able to attend according to the customer’s schedule and requirements
- Attends meetings and takes notes of meeting when salesperson cannot attend
- Proactively anticipates customer needs and actively and periodically solicits feedback on Cook and Boardman performance
- Participates in developing solutions for customers and salesperson with technical issues involving hardware and door products
- Monitors production schedules
- Keeps project files orderly and efficiently
- Manages any project changes, revisions, revised purchase orders and changes order documents and Comsense files to show revisions
- Attends weekly sales meetings to provide information or input for any customer services issues
- Other relative duties as assigned
- 2 year degree in Engineering, Construction Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Technology, or equivalent experience
- Current and valid US driver’s license
- At least 3 years in the Division 8 industry preferred
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Division 8
- Proficient in Microsoft Products, including but not limited to Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Functional and working knowledge of computers Ability to read and understand construction contracts
- Effective time management skills
- Effective communication skills both verbal and in writing, good mathematical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Winning attitude
- Ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented
- Professional and polished in both appearance and speech
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and see. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This job operates primarily in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. May occasionally require business travel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.