Construction Project Manager (Salt Lake City)
Salt Lake City, UT
Come join a team where People make the difference! As a part of Marmon Holdings, Inc., a highly decentralized organization, we rely heavily on people with the aptitude, attitude, and entrepreneurial spirit to drive our success, and we're committed to attracting and retaining top talent.
We are looking for a local Construction Project Manager in the Salk Lake City area to plan construction projects and oversee their progress along the way in a timely and cost-effective manner. You will be responsible for budgeting, organization, implementation and scheduling of the projects for Walgreens retail stores.
- Scheduling pre-construction meetings with stakeholders.
- Managing and reporting daily construction progress
- Direct interface with construction general contractors during the bidding, award, execution, and project closeout/punch list phases.
- Conduct negotiations with general contractors and evaluate bids/proposals with detail and accuracy.
- Create construction project scope and request for proposals.
- Responsible for managing overall project budget.
- Constructability reviews of architectural, electrical and mechanical designs associated with the construction project
- Construction document management including submittal review, RFI’s, change orders, and invoicing.
- Construction project quality control.
- Record and report key construction metrics to team members and management.
- Responsible for creation of project schedules (in MS projects) and overall updating that enables the teams to be successful based upon the project milestones and turn over.
- Experience working with Walgreens
- Experience using ProTrack
- Ability to travel (30% field travel required)
- 5+ years of working experience in construction management
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Familiarity with construction management software packages
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- BS degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field preferred
Following receipt of a conditional offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete additional job-related screening processes as permitted or required by applicable law.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to email@example.com, and please be sure to include the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.