Construction Project Manager
Reporting directly to the Construction Manager, this position has Management level employees on the project as direct reports. This may include Design and Procurement but would focus on the overview of the General Contractor and the immediate construction of the project, as well as Controls. This position is client facing with an emphasis on ensuring Schedule, Cost, Scope and Safety for the Spent Fuel Handling Project near the Naval Reactors Facility at Idaho National Lab which is approximately 55 miles from Idaho Falls.
The Construction Project Manager will be the lead for all structure segment managers and will coordinate and cooperate with client and subcontractor staff and/or its consultants, in carrying out their day-to-day duties.
- Responsible for overall project delivery (cost, schedule, quality, information, contracts) on multiple project assignments
- Manage project development from conception through completion (both large and small) in accordance with program objectives
- Manages all budgets, schedules, scope development, and construction contracts, documents, procedures and controls for assigned projects
- Manages the review and approval process for contractor pay applications and change orders and coordinates with Control Manager for proper posting in reporting program
- Attends assigned meetings to cover weekly job progress meetings; issues meeting minutes during design
- Resolves complex construction related issues, disputes, and disagreements.
- Reviews status and monitors variances of the construction project database relative to scheduling and cost control reporting
- Excellent communication skills as this position is client facing
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- 5 or more years of relevant construction management experience on similar construction projects.
- Thorough knowledge of construction practices, and the ability to read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Ability to maintain continuous communication with the Contract Manager, Project Controls Manager, Senior Engineer(s), and Client personnel.
- Ability to provide consultation on complex contract interpretation issues as called upon by the contracts group.
- Ability to act as an advisor to the contracts group.
- Ability to make effective decisions concerning field problems and work in progress.
- Must be able to walk across long distances over potential rough terrain.
- The ability to climb stairs and ladders to inspect work is also required.
- Exposure to weather elements while in the field is expected.
- Someone already residing a commutable distance from the Naval Reactors Facility at Idaho National Lab area to make the commute daily is preferred.
- USA citizenship is required for security clearance. (No dual citizenship)
- High School Diploma / GED Equivalent is required for this role
Essential Functions: Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights. At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
The work location for this position is approximately 55 miles from Idaho Falls