Construction Project Scheduler (Design Group)
Steeger USA, LLC
Fort Worth, TX
About Us:Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world’s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
As a Scheduler, you will get the opportunity to work closely with construction and engineering operations as you develop engineering and construction schedules. You will be responsible for building and updating schedules as various milestones and project deliverables are completed or added to scope of work. Provide updates to key project team members on the progress of project progression.
This position is based in Fort Worth, TX
• Work closely with preconstruction manager, project managers, engineers, designers, superintendents, contractors, and other project services staff to provide detailed planning and scheduling of projects from conceptual planning through engineering and construction
• Develop resource and cost loaded schedules, including lists of activities, major milestones, critical approvals, long lead procurement items and other critical project deliverables to be scheduled and tracked for the projects
• Develop schedule logic and constraints, realistic activity durations and available manpower and resources
• Assess the impact of design changes and schedule slippages and inform company management and clients of all schedule updates
• Apply vast knowledge of engineering, procurement, and construction terminology and concepts to develop and maintain critic path logic networks; accumulate and access historical data for use in maintaining realistic future planning and forecasting
• Provide guidance, direction, and specialized assistance for the resolution of difficult project control problems. May interface with clients, attend regular meetings and give statistical reports
• Ability to travel and relocate as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or technical training and related experience preferably working on industrial and manufacturing projects
• 5+ years’ construction scheduling experience, including three years of proven leadership directing scheduling functions
• Advanced knowledge of construction engineering technology, codes and standards, and an in-depth understanding of the interdependence and relationship between other functional units
• Working knowledge of standard cost control methods utilized in the execution of various types of project (EPC, Construction Management, Design Build and, Time and Material, and Maintenance)
• Proficiency in various project controls software such as Excel, Primavera, Project, and other company-specific software
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process. Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.