Construction Project Scheduler (Industrial)(Design Group)
Steeger USA, LLC
About Us:Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world’s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Design Group is seeking a highly motivated scheduler to support the business goals and objectives of both Design Group and our clients. As a scheduler you will work closely with our construction and engineering operations to develop the overall schedule of project completion. You will be responsible for building and updating schedules at various milestones, as project deliverables are completed, and as scopes of work are added to a project, and to provide updates to key team members on the progress of project completion. This position will be based in Concord, New Hampshire, however Design Group is a national firm and the schedules developed will be for projects located throughout the country. At a minimum, this person will:
- Work closely with preconstruction manager, project managers, engineers, superintendents, contractors, and other project services staff to provide detailed planning and scheduling of projects from conceptual planning through engineering and construction.
- Develop resource and cost loaded schedules, including lists of activities, major milestones, critical approvals, long lead procurement items and other critical project deliverables to be scheduled and tracked for the projects.
- Develop schedule logic and constraints, realistic activity durations and available resources.
- Assess the impact of design changes and schedule slippages. Inform company management and clients of all schedule updates.
- Apply knowledge of engineering, procurement, construction terminology and concepts to develop and maintain critical path logic networks.
- Accumulate and access historical data for use in maintaining realistic future planning and forecasting.
- Provide guidance, direction, and specialized assistance for the resolution of difficult project control problems.
- May interface with clients, attend regular meetings and give statistical reports.
- Travel to projects sites and other Design Group offices as needed to participate in project meetings, develop schedules of project completion and update schedules to identify work completed at the project sites.
- 7+ years of experience on large commercial or industrial construction projects.
- 2+ years of direct scheduling experience required in critical path management with a demonstrated history of successful schedule compression and mitigation efforts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication presentation skills are a must.
- Advanced knowledge of construction engineering technology, codes and standards, and an in-depth understanding of the interdependence and relationship between other functional units.
- Working knowledge of standard cost control methods utilized in execution of various types of projects (EPC, Construction Management, Design Build, Time and Material, and Maintenance)
Additional Job Description
- Prepares and maintains project plans, staffing requirements, and budgets.
- Performs administrative tasks such as preparing progress reports and arranging meetings.
- Communicates with clients, and tracks project progress.
- Other duties as assigned
Highly desired is a BS Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management, or related technical engineering degree field. Equivalent years of related experience, preferably working on industrial and manufacturing structures can be substituted for degree.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process. Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.