Construction Project Supervisor
CCI Systems, Inc.
Eau Claire, WI
Why CCI? CCI Systems, Inc. is an Employee-Owned Telecommunications Company based in Iron Mountain, MI with 60+ years of industry knowledge and experience. Our outstanding team-based work culture and environment has allowed us to grow, develop, and retain long-term employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive pay, flexibility, paid on-the-job training, overtime, professional development, and inspire you to be bold, yet accountable. We value our employee’s hard work and determination and REWARD results all while having fun!
Our mission is to make life better by connecting people through innovative communication systems.
CCI is seeking a Construction Project Supervisor for Technical Engineering Services who will be responsible for supervising construction crews, while ensuring plans are implemented and permit requirements are followed. In addition, scheduling crew activities, tracking progression, adherence to timelines, and following scope requirements. The right candidate will work well with others, be highly organized, and have strong interpersonal and communication skills. We offer a collaborative environment with great work culture that encourages learning and pushes you to rise to the next level!
- Obtain available data from municipal, county, state, and other government agencies for projects.
- Supervise day-to-day construction activities such as the placing, splicing, rearrangement, and removal of Outside Plant facilities.
- Build strong relationships with existing and potential customers.
- Monitor projects from initiation through delivery, interfacing with clients and staff on technical matters.
- Coordinate activities of field crews, including providing job assignments, information, direction, and daily checking of work product
- Remain current in all new and existing technologies including software and equipment upgrades and maintenance.
- Meet and/or exceed customer expectations by understanding demand for personnel to meet client driven timelines.
- Manage and mentor the OSP Inspectors
- Conduct performance reviews for direct reports. Create an environment and goals for employees to be continually challenged.
- Coach, develop, train, and manage direct reports; approve and submit timesheets weekly.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ensure confidentiality of company information.
- Creates and promotes the company image through exercising sound and ethical business practices as related to employees, the public and customers. This includes ensuring that service and quality provided to customers is satisfactory.
Qualifications we are looking for
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associates degree in Construction Management or related OSP Telecommunications experience.
- 1 + years of supervisory experience.
- 1+ years of similar experience with a demonstrated track record of process improvements using new techniques, technology, or concepts.
- Proven experience managing multiple projects and holding people accountable to processes, quality, and standards.
- Experience with utility engineering, Communications, Power Distribution, and Gas.
- Experience bidding and providing cost estimates for RFP responses.
- Experience in the Utility industry, permit completion and coordination.
- Ability to create a positive, motivated work environment and be self-motivated.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to work well and efficiently with a wide variety of people.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and the ability to learn new software programs.
- The ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to embrace corporate values, understand the company vision, and exemplify CCI leadership behaviors.
Shift is full-time, 40 hours per week minimum, Monday- Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm CST. Must be flexible, and willing and able to work outside normal business hours, as necessary.
- Travel up to 65% for this position is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
CCI Systems, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.