Construction & Properties Manager – Albuquerque, NM
Rinchem Co., Inc.
Job Summary: The Construction & Properties Manager role is responsible for providing expert project construction management execution on large, complex and multi-disciplinary projects. This role manages project teams through definition, development, and execution of business-critical solutions. This role leads project delivery through interfacing with Executive Sponsors, Steering Committees, Project Teams, Vendors/ General Contractors, and other stakeholders. Responsible for the successful completion of projects within scope, schedule, budget, and quality.
Attributes: List at least FIVE essential Caliper Competencies.
- Driving Results
- Fact-Based Management
- Organizational Savvy
- Deliberative Decision Making
- Composure and Resilience
- Time Management
- Excellent oral/written communications
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, highly technical and creative
- Excellent ability with presentations, analysis, problem solving, and collaboration across all levels of the organization
- Organized and efficient in managing multiple projects
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Construction, or related field required. Master's desirable
- At least eight (8) years of construction management or similar experience required.
- At least five (5) years directly managing medium complexity projects.
- Skilled at communicating in a manner that inspires trust and confidence
- Able to communicate well with individuals from diverse cultures and language backgrounds
- Skilled at communicating and setting expectations within project teams
- Encourages an environment of trust, collaboration, objectivity, and fairness
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills having the ability can convey complex information in a clear and concise manner to team members and/ or Executive Leadership
- Skilled at communicating in a manner that positively influences project outcomes
- Fluency in English Required
- Fluency in Hebrew, Korean or Mandarin a positive
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Project required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred
- Proficiency in CAD
Certificates, Licenses, and/or Registrations:- Required:
- Current Construction Management Association of America (CMA) - Construction Manager (CM) certification
- Current Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus.
- PE, CFM, CEM, CPM, LEED professional designations are a plus
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Understands current trends in project management and is able to relate new ideas.
- Must understand and articulate the difference between project leadership and project management, and when each is appropriate.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Logistics and operations a definite plus.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of all aspects of project management lifecycle and methodologies, including common project management tools and how to use them.
- Viewed as resource to other project managers, both internally and in the larger organization.
- High tolerance for rapid change and ambiguity; works with project sponsors and teams to adapt to change without compromising quality; demonstrates resilience and flexibility.
- Desire to acquire training to aid in role effectiveness as determined mutually with manager.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands of the job representative of essential functions to perform the position will vary based on the position and if there are specific requirements they are outlined below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be willing to travel 50% of the time
Primary Responsibilities of the Job:
- Responsible for providing expert project management execution on large, complex and multi-disciplinary projects
- This role will manage multiple concurrent projects in countries across the globe
- Determine and define that scope of work and deliverables on large construction projects
- Draft and submit
- Ability to estimate and predict resources needed to complete projects in many markets including markets overseas
- Utilizes industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout the entire project lifecycle
- Leads complex, cross-functional, strategic, or business-critical projects and may partner with one or more IT, G&A, or operations departments, holding overall accountability for assigned projects
- Directs assigned projects through the full project lifecycles
- Develop detailed project artifacts to support the successful execution of projects
- Defines project team structure/ approach and directs the progress of the project ensuring successful execution and closure. Project teams may include resources from multiple business areas, and countries, with vendors, and remote team members
- Manages large, complex, strategic organization-wide projects utilizing multiple business resources.
- Manages day to day operational and tactical aspects of multiple or large-scale projects minimizing exposure to risk.
- Manages contracts with vendors, contractors, subcontractors, and/or suppliers routinely reviewing progress to schedule, reviewing risks, and resolving/escalating risks and issues.
- Partners with Executive Sponsors to educate them on project concepts, structure, and governance
- Demonstrates consistency in leadership, yet remaining flexible in dynamic environment
- Coordinates and communicates among Executive Sponsors, Steering Committees, project teams and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate efforts across entire project between architects, designers, engineers, and subcontractors
- Reviews all contracts for assigned project to validate that all legal and financial requirements are fulfilled before project execution; may work directly with Legal and/or Finance to resolve outstanding issues
- Lends expertise to internal teams
- Manages, coaches, and mentors new project managers and project staff
- Easily recognizes areas for internal improvement and develops plans for implementation
- Other duties as applicable
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging are important at Rinchem, and are critical to our success in living by our core values.
Our aim is to foster a culture where every member of Rinchem feels valued, supported, and inspired to achieve individual and corporate goals with character, competence and commitment. This includes providing opportunity and access for all people across differences of race, age, color, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, migratory status, disability/abilities, political affiliation, veteran status, and socioeconomic background.Apply Now