Construction Sales: Building Repair and Renovation
Morton Buildings, Inc. is the industry leader in post-frame construction. We have been in business for more than 110 years and have six manufacturing plants servicing 106 construction centers nationwide. Per year, across America, more than 3,500 new buildings sport the familiar Morton M.
The Field Service Specialist is an unique mix of sales, estimating, scheduling and completion of projects on Morton Buildings, as well as many other different brands/styles of buildings.
Extensive experience and knowledge in post-frame construction ensures the Specialist’s competence to make repairs and renovations, improve the structure’s appearance, and extend the life of the building or provide for a change in its purpose. Customer Satisfaction is a required result of effective communication, high quality materials, workmanship and timely completions.
- Generate repair leads through cold calling or on site contacts.
- Establish or assist in pricing, defining the scope of work and writing contracts for repair work, generating material lists and invoices.
- Ensure all contracts and invoices are submitted and processed promptly.
- Coordinate repair deliveries with the customer, Corporate Schedulers, Regional Service Manager and the Crew Foreman.
- Perform small repairs individually that can be performed without the use of a safety monitor or those that do not require additional physical assistance on site to perform safely.
- Arrange and conduct pre-construction conference where necessary and review contract documents and safety plans.
- Establish and ensure adherence to job schedules and priorities.
- Maintain quality control and manage repair progress while ensuring procedures and materials conform to top-quality levels of workmanship and comply with contract specifications.
- Enforce safety compliance with everyone on the job site.
- Attends training to provide and follow Lock out / Tag out procedures for electrical issues on site.
- Collect down and final payments.
- Submit completion paperwork to Field Service Administrator and assist as needed to ensure completion paperwork is complete.
- 10 years of progressively responsible construction experience
- Strong supervision, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Knowledge of industry standards for materials and methods for construction
- Ability to competently identify and promptly resolve repair complaints
- Possess integrity and ability to maintain customer confidentiality
- Be self-motivated with positive high-energy work ethic
- Capability to work well with other team members
- Ability to sell additional repair opportunities
- Minimum of intermediate level computer skills with knowledge of Excel & Word
- Valid drivers license is required
- Valid DOT license is highly desired
- Limited overnight stays will be required
- Excellent medical / dental / prescription coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- 401K Opportunity
- ESOP Retirement Program in which you become an owner of the company
Morton Buildings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace. All candidates offered employment will be subject to a pre-placement drug screen and background check.