Construction Sales Representative
Miner, Ltd. is an industry leading, dock & door service and equipment solutions provider with branch-based operations across the country. Miner is part of the OnPoint Group, awarded the “Best Managed Company” for 2020 by Deloitte and named to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies for the 7th consecutive year.
Miner drives down the cost of warehousing and material management operations, saving customers revenue and time by understanding their business, finding efficiencies in their operation, providing faster systems’ repairs, and delivering expertly executed scheduled maintenance. For more than 20 years, Miner has consistently delivered professional emergency maintenance service, equipment analysis and proactive maintenance solutions to companies throughout North America. Miner solutions leave our customers more time to focus on their core business – not on the business of maintenance and material management.
At Miner Ltd., working in Construction Sales, you will be responsible for bidding on new construction work for loading docks and warehouse overhead door equipment and other construction projects. You will review drawings, blueprints and the specifications designed by the architect and then submit the bid.
*Preferred is someone who has experience with bidding on dock & door work.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Drive and manage the entire sales process. This includes: Targeting top prospects; Identifying client solutions; Negotiating; and Closing.
- Act as a "solutions expert" consultant in helping partners with their unique critical business issues and strategic initiatives.
- Work with senior management to establish a clear and effective plan for growing the Miner customer base.
- Work with sales teams to share ideas, knowledge and new business development strategies.
- Utilize company CRM to provide visibility and effectively communicate activity in assigned territory.
- Strategize on social selling opportunities.
- Attend company training programs and accompany other associates or managers during ride along in order to learn job skills.
- Prepare appropriate specifications and level of service expectations in accordance with existing laws, regulations, and company policies.
- Calculate correct job costs & market-based pricing for solutions.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Key Performance Measurements
- Management observation regarding attitude, diligence, team contributions, and willingness & ability to learn new skills and information.
- Other key metrics prescribed by Miner Corp leadership, resulting in positive customer and Company impact.
- Proven record of prospecting and cold calling clients to achieve new business acquisitions.
- Experience in customer service, required.
- Experience in Industrial Sales, preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED is required. Further education is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products such as: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have valid drivers’ license and clean driving record (Department of Motor Vehicles).
- Must own “reliable” transportation.
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
*This job description is subject to change at any time.
Office Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This work may be performed in an office near a warehouse environment. Employees may work with co-workers side-by-side with a moderate level of activity being performed. The noise level in the work environment is light to moderate.
Remote Work Environment
A remote job is any job that requires the employee to work remotely from their home or another location of their choice. Some positions are fully remote, but others can have varying degrees of remote work (50%, specific days of the week, etc.). They can also require the employee to visit the company’s physical location for certain occasions or situations. Employers also may have to specify a specific location that remote employees must live in for the sake of taxes and time zones.
Miner Ltd. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.