Construction Scheduler (Phoenix, Arizona) – Austin Commercial
Austin Industries, Inc.
Do you want to make a difference? Do you want to grow your career at one of the industry’s leading construction firms? Put your expertise and scheduling skills to work at Austin Commercial. Austin Commercial is currently seeking a Construction Scheduler for projects in the Phoenix, Arizona area. We set the standard for commercial construction and we are looking for talented construction professionals to join us. Austin is 100% employee-owned, so every one of our employee-owners has a stake in our success. As a result, we consistently meet and exceed our customers’ expectations with our commitment to safety, service, and integrity. Join us today. We Own It!
The Scheduler prepares summary level and detailed schedules for proposed or current construction projects. Schedules will be prepared using a bar chart or CPM format as required by the project team or owner. Schedules will be prepared using Primavera P6 Project Planner or Primavera SureTrak scheduling software.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares summary level schedules for proposed projects. These are used to determine overall project duration, general conditions, and hoisting needs and are to be inserted into the proposal that will be submitted to the client.
- Prepares detailed schedules for projects. This is done as early on in the project as possible.
- The Scheduler assumes overall responsibility for the project schedules.
- The Scheduler assists in schedule needs relative to 'contract' schedule vs. accelerated schedule as required by the project team. Provide schedules that will need to be issued with contracts or bid documents to subcontractors and suppliers. Cost/resource loading of schedules (and reporting) when required
- The Scheduler works with subcontractors and suppliers to establish timely deliveries of equipment and materials.
- Performs Progress / Schedule Updates: Visit and walk projects to gather and update information. Interface with the Superintendent and project team with regard to schedule actuals and projections.
- The Scheduler provides as-built schedule information for use in the project completion reports.
- He or she updates the current workload schedule quarterly.
- The Scheduler provides scheduling training to personnel as required.
- A Bachelor’s of Science degree in construction management or related degree is preferred
- Must have 3+ years experience in commercial construction scheduling
- Construction field experience is a major plus i.e. Superintendent, Field Engineer
- Strong knowledge of construction systems and trade sequencing
- Presentation skills required in meetings and in training.
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Primavera (Oracle) P6, P7 or P8 experience
- Must be able to assist the project team in planning workflow and phasing as required
We offer excellent benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance and a matching 401K plan and we are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company. To learn more about Austin’s Employee-Ownership history, please go to http://www.austin-ind.com/core-values.html.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Austin ("The Company") is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all federal, state, and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
No Agency Inquiries Please
Austin Industries and all operating divisions (Austin Bridge & Road, Austin Commercial, and Austin Industrial) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names, or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names, or summaries submitted to Austin Industries, or any of its employee-owners, become the property of Austin Industries and Austin Industries will not pay a placement fee.
About Austin Commercial
Become an owner of one of North America's most respected and fastest-growing commercial construction firms! Austin Commercial’s employee-owners put our expertise to work in regional and national operations, building iconic projects that set the bar in our industry. Whether world-class airports and aviation facilities, technologically advanced healthcare facilities, cutting-edge educational and research facilities, professional sports stadiums, high-rises, hospitality, and other leading commercial markets, Austin’s industry expertise and ingenuity are second to none. Become an employee-owner today, grow your career, and put your skills to work at Austin Commercial. We Own It!