Construction Scheduling Manager
Alberici Constructors, Inc.
Founded in 1908, Flintco now employs more than 800 people in 8 cities serving clients in healthcare, education, hospitality, sports and industrial. Flintco also self-performs concrete, steel erection and excavation. Nothing matters more to us than the quality and growth of our people. Our teams are smart, humble, and disciplined. Flintco is recognized for its commitment to safety and quality, using Lean principles as a guide to continuous improvement. The five guiding principles of our Ethos are:
Safety, Integrity, Quality, Accountability and Honesty. We live it every day.
Hiring on as a Scheduling Manager in a Flintco office, with the possibility of a hybrid in-office/remote work schedule. The Scheduling Manager will support multiple construction project teams with developing, maintaining and analyzing project schedules for projects managed out of their assigned office or designated area.
The Scheduling Manager reports to The Director of Production Support Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage support of multiple project teams with creation, maintenance, change management and analysis of project schedules, including alignment with production schedules developed using Last Planner System®
- Assists work acquisition teams to develop pursuit and pre-construction schedules
- Assists in the development and maintenance of technology platforms used to host work execution information, including P6 or other scheduling software, Touchplan and Procore.
- Facilitates planning meetings to develop execution plans, baseline and current project schedules, “what if” and “work around” plans as required, including performance analysis to date to forecast future performance
- Uses and develops custom scheduling reports that serve client and company needs and is capable of relating reports to overall performance of the project.
- Provides onboarding and coaching to various internal services, operational administrative functions, and project teams related to standard Production Support practices, including production planning and scheduling systems and tools
- Interacts with internal service organizations, trade partners, architects, and engineers on behalf of staff regarding technical issues, service/operation requirements, processes/procedures, and scheduling.
- Serves as a local subject matter expert related to Production Support, as needed; assists other Flintco offices with technical support in area of expertise, including presentation and training.
- Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during scheduling activities and corrective/preventative actions are taken to assure continuous process improvement.
- Able to apply PDCA cycle and utilize structured problem-solving approach(es) to variety of operational and business processes for continuous improvement
- Ensure that assessment reports, proposals, inspections reports and information required are properly prepared and reported. Also verifies that select routine company administrative policies are followed.
- Potential exists to manage direct reports
- Mission Critical Outcomes
- Follows and enforces Safety Rules and Practices
- Able to work independently and meets schedules and deadlines
- Identify and complete training to become Flintco Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Production Support and
other value-added programs.
- Understands major scopes of commercial construction work, logistics, techniques, materials, equipment,
crew sizing and sequencing
- Accurately track status of multiple projects and helps management prioritize effort
- Able to leverage data analytics to support the identification and execution of improvements
- Communicates and teams with peers, supervisors and managers on assignments
- Stop work if necessary to resolve matters that affect safety, quality and/or inhibit the logical progress of
- Passion for team and people development
- Expertise with scheduling software, particularly Primavera P6, including resource loading and analysis
- Familiarity with commercial and/or industrial construction processes and procedures
- Practical experience using construction-specific Lean practices
- Experience managing projects from planning through post-completion
- Experience with data analysis and modeling, and developing performance metrics
- Perform root-cause analysis and document using A3 reporting
- Experience with implementing and sustaining multi-trade prefabrication and/or modularization
- Experience in operational excellence, continuous improvement and/or process improvement; Agile or
- Lean Six Sigma
BS or professional license or certification in applicable field (CCP, EVP, PSP, PMI-SP, Lean, AEC, trade
Preferred minimum 5 years related experience in construction scheduling and/or training, including management of multiple construction projects concurrently.