Construction Services Project Manager
St George, UT
This individual will be accountable for the overall management of construction projects and staff utilization within the assigned scope of responsibility. Acts as the senior liaison between the field staff and the company’s operating staff. Serves as the senior management representative in client relationships relating to construction services.
Essential duties include:
- Prepares reports, coordinate progress meetings with the contractor and owner, manages the shop drawing review process and certifies Contractor payrolls
- Manages local staff of construction service personnel
- Coordinates staff assignments including down-time assignments
- Attends jobsite progress meetings
- Acts as liaison between field construction service staff and design engineers
- Oversees on-site staff’s work associated with project requirements such as document control, daily reports and monthly reports, submittal review, design modifications and project correspondence including Contractor Change Requests, Contractor Schedule Evaluations and Reviews, Request for Information, Instruction to Contractor, and Notice of Non-Compliance
- Promotes quality control procedures among staff members
- Provides quality assurance checks for project compliance with SCI policies and procedures
- Promotes safe project work habits and require member adherence to SCI and project safety requirements
- Maintains client relationships and develop future project opportunities
- Oversees project budget and prepare/negotiate/resolve contract change order requests with SCI clients
- Coordinates acquisition, use, and maintenance of department equipment
- Prepares project proposals, SOQ responses, and cost estimates
- Assists Business Development Managers (BDM’s) with Client contacts, meetings, and sale of construction services
- Prepares and maintains project budgets, loading calendars, and account receivables
- Maintains department staff resumes and project write-ups
- Develops department budgets in conjunction with the Office or Regional Manager
- Coordinates staff training requirement in conjunction with Office Manager and Construction Services Chief
- Maintains the local office safety compliance and member training
- Provides assistance or staffing to other construction services departments within the Stanley organization
- Promotes department members involvement with local professional organizations, technical presentations, and publications
- Local area travel will be required as mandated by project assignments and work hours
- Extended work hours should be anticipated as services must correspond with the project and Contractor work schedule
- Minimal extended travel assignments are possible as project location or corporate demands require
- 4-year engineering or construction management degree and a minimum of 10 years of construction related experience
- Must possess at a Professional Engineering (PE) License in the state of Utah
- 5+ years of relevant DOT experience is preferred
- Successful completion of Construction Engineering Management Training (CEMT) courses for construction inspection per current UDOT requirements
- This job requires excellent visualization, communication, and documentation skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet). A specific knowledge of construction techniques for in-house project types and an ability to read, comprehend and recall details of plans and specs is mandatory. The member must be able to quickly switch focus between projects and recall variances in the plan or specification details between projects.
- In the course of business, the member will be required to operate a company vehicle. A mandatory prerequisite to operating a company vehicle is maintaining an acceptable driving record.
- The individual must possess the proven ability to distribute learned knowledge to other Construction Observers and Material Testing Technicians.
A Great Place to Work: Become a Member
Once you are hired at Stanley Consultants, you become a member of our member-owned company. Our Core Values speak to the capabilities, initiative, integrity, creativity, and commitment that make you, as a member, our most important asset. As a member, you have the opportunity to chart your own career path and play a role in shaping our mutual future.
CLICK HERE: BENEFITS AND REWARDS