Construction Shop Mechanic (Irving, TX) – Austin Commercial
Austin Industries, Inc.
Austin Commercial is currently seeking experienced Construction Shop Mechanic to be based at our equipment yard in Irving, Texas. This position is responsible for diagnosing mechanical failures and makes needed repairs to motorized equipment, such as cranes, forklifts, tractors, tractor components, trucks, and other vehicles.
- Assembles, sets up, adjusts, maintains and repairs all types of construction equipment, cranes and trucks.
- May perform the duties of a welder in repair of equipment.
- Inspects and diagnoses vehicles to determine need for and cost of repairs.
- Tests, repairs or installs mechanical units, such as water pumps, fuel pumps, governors, distributors, carburetor systems, brakes, clutches and other such devices.
- Removes transmissions and engines to be sent to outside service for repairs.
- Installs new or repaired unit back into vehicle.
- Performs minor tune ups to ensure the efficient and safe operation of the vehicle.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related mechanic experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Mechanical, welding, and electrical experience preferred.
- For safety reasons, it is imperative that the employee be able to read and speak fluent English.
- Travel to jobsites if needed.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401K plan. We are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP)! To learn more about Austin, please go to https://www.austin-ind.com/our-company/who-we-are.
Austin Commercial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Become an owner
Unlike other companies that may be privately or publicly held, Austin is 100% owned by our employees. It's a source of pride for everyone one of our 5,700+ employee-owners that we have vested interest in the day-to-day success of our company. We share Austin's growth and profitability, and are accountable to ourselves for doing everything it takes to serve our customers with excellence and to make Austin the best it can be. After all, We Own It. Learn more at www.austin-ind.com.
About Austin Commercial
Become an owner of one of North America's most respected and fastest-growing commercial construction firms! Austin Commercial’s employee-owners put our expertise to work in regional and national operations, building iconic projects that set the bar in our industry. Whether world-class airports and aviation facilities, technologically advanced healthcare facilities, cutting-edge educational and research facilities, professional sports stadiums, high-rises, hospitality, and other leading commercial markets, Austin’s industry expertise and ingenuity are second to none. Become an employee-owner today, grow your career, and put your skills to work at Austin Commercial. We Own It!
An equal employment opportunity employer.
Austin ("The Company") is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
No agency inquiries please.
Austin Industries and all operating divisions (Austin Bridge & Road, Austin Commercial, and Austin Industrial) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes submitted to Austin Industries, or any of its employee-owners, becomes the property of Austin Industries and Austin Industries will not pay a placement fee.