Construction Site Manager
LFG Specialties, LLC
San Francisco, CA
The APTIM Federal Services, LLC team was recently awarded several contract task orders by the Navy at Hunters Point Naval Shipyard, San Francisco, CA. Our team will remove environmental and radiological contaminants from impacted property, re-investigate areas of concern, restore the shoreline, and construct seawalls along the San Francisco Bay waterfront. Hunters Point Naval Shipyard is among the most well-known environmental restoration projects in the United States. We are seeking ambitious Construction Mangers who will embrace the technical and operational challenges of a high profile and critically important redevelopment project executed to the highest technical and data integrity standards as set forth by APTIM, the Navy, federal and state regulatory agencies, and the neighboring community.
The Construction Manager is typically the field lead on the job and will be responsible for the field execution of the construction work. This job family is responsible for organizing, directing, supervising and coordinating construction activities at a job site as directed by the PM. Responsibilities include: work procedures, scheduling, cost control, project specification conformity, review of manpower levels, monitoring and implementation of safety programs, project conformance to national, local and/or company building codes and the maintenance of accurate records.
Responsible for the satisfactory conduct of construction operations and task accomplishment in an economical, efficient and timely manner on a project. Monitors craft performance relative to budget, schedules and deadlines. Implements and enforces work rules. Prepares and reviews plans, specifications, and drawings and schedules to coordinate work phases and work priorities. Recommends solutions to construction and architectural discrepancies.
Facilitates the efficient use of personnel and equipment. Coordinates movement and use of equipment and supplies with procurement. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Leads and directs the work of others. Must adhere to the execution plan, enforce Construction policies and procedures, follow safe work practices, provide periodic reports, and communicate any problems to chain of command management immediately.
- Has a complete understanding of the Contract and the "as-sold" scope of work and budget, and communicates them to the project team
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and controls the project in accordance with APTIM's established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements
- Provides leadership, direction and coordination for all project team members
- Establishes and monitors project safety and quality programs
- Through active risk management, protects the Company from unnecessary risks
- Ensures that the project meets or exceeds financial and cash management goals
- Ensures that potential project scope, schedule or budget changes are immediately identified and addressed
- Supervises daily activities of project personnel including technical and administrative support, and ensures that deliverables are produced on schedule and within budget
- Develops project review materials and financial forecasting, working with Project Controls
- Provides project staffing needs forecasting to CoE-Resource Management
- Represents the project and the company to clients and maintains client relationships
- Organizes work to meet deadlines set by others
- Builds project team effectiveness and collaboration
- Managing scope of work by identification of change conditions or work outside of scope
- Advising PM & BL Managers of issues and upset conditions
- Support the proposal process upon request
- Managing field work within the construction budget
- Understanding the Project Metrics -- expected production rates and productivity for each activity
- Understand Daily Burn Rates in dollars budgeted vs. actual
- Subcontract/Vendor Management
- Reporting requirements
- Must have a minimum of 15+ years of project management experience
- Typically manages fixed-price projects/programs with values up to $10M, cost-reimbursable projects/programs with values up to $25M
- Prefer a bachelor's degree or professional registration/certification
- 40 Hr. HAZWOPER with refreshers
- First aid/CPR
- USACE CQM Training (for Federal)
- OSHA 30 Hr. Construction Training
- Computer/Program skill sets (Office, ADOBE, etc.)
- Strong Verbal & Writing skill set
- Oversee a craft labor force 25+
Work Experience: Civil & Environmental Remediation projects
- Excavation (Inland & Shoreline)
- Soil placement (Inland & Shoreline)
- Shoreline Revetment
- Concrete Placement (Seawall)
- Soil Processing (Screen Plant & Conveyors)
- Stockpile Management
What We Do:
Whether it's safeguarding and maintaining critical power infrastructure, helping communities recover from natural disasters, enabling our armed forces and first responders, or transforming landfills into public parks, we go to work each day knowing that we are making an impact on the world. These are huge responsibilities, and we take them seriously.
Thinking differently and challenging the norm is our mandate. Every day we plan for the unexpected, develop critical insights, and deliver new, creative adaptive solutions. We do this by leveraging teams that include engineers, scientists, builders, economists, craft professionals, procurement, logistics and process experts.
Who We Are:
APTIM specializes in engineering, program management, environmental services, disaster recovery, complex facility maintenance, and construction services. Serving Government, Oil, Gas, Chemical, Industrial, Commercial, and Power clients, we are your partner and relentless advocate.