Construction Specialist/QA Inspector (Lab/Research Facility)
The Project QA Engineering Specialist (QA ES) reports to the Parsons Construction Inspector on administrative matters and functionally to QD. The Federal QD reports to the President of the Federal Business Unit.
The QA ES is responsible for administering the quality control program. The QA ES will be thoroughly familiar with all aspects of the project and ensure all craftsmen, vendors, and subcontractors maintain inspection documentation of all work and quality control. The QA ES is responsible for ensuring inspection, documentation, and reporting are completed and delivered to government representatives for the work described as detailed in the plans and specifications and is responsible for implementing and enforcing the Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP).
The duties, authority, and responsibilities of the QA ES include:
- Perform overall project quality management, including establishing, maintaining, and implementing this QASP.
- Develop and implement a quality control system.
- Ensure that work in place meets minimum standards set forth in the plans and specifications.
- Ensure routine inspections of work are conducted and that all appropriate personnel are notified of conformance or nonconformance to requirements.
- Prepare daily and monthly reports and generate bi-weekly activity reports for monitoring investigation progress for the individuals sponsored by the Contracting Officer Representative (COR).
- Provide oversight of and participate in the submittal review process and certification of submittals prior to submission to the client.
- Provide oversight of the adequacy and currency of the as-built documentation.
- Develop necessary forms to record test and inspection results.
- Provide oversight surveillances of the project quality system, including document control, records control, and subcontractor quality control, and the testing laboratories.
- Act in all matters related to quality management on behalf of Parsons.
- Initiate, recommend, approve, or provide solutions to the quality problems.
- Verify implementation of corrective actions.
- Initiate action to identify and prevent the occurrence of non-conformances relating to the product, process, and QASP.
- Control further processing, delivery, installation, or operation until nonconforming product or activity has been corrected.
- Stop nonconforming work.
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering or construction-related field or equivalent construction-related work experience, as well as 5+ years of experience in field construction, is required
- Experience in the construction of large civil/structural and/or industrial projects at domestic and/or foreign locations is preferred, including quality assurance/control inspections.
- Requires a comprehensive knowledge of engineering and construction-related processes, as well as industry practices.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, and familiarity with CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering and construction.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneThis position is part of our Federal Solutions team.Our Federal Solutions segment delivers resources to our US government customers that ensure the success of missions around the globe. Our diverse, intelligent employees drive the state of the art as they provide services and solutions in the areas of defense, security, intelligence, infrastructure, and environmental. We promote a culture of excellence and close-knit teams that take pride in delivering, protecting, and sustaining our nation's most critical assets, from Earth to cyberspace. Throughout the company, our people are anticipating what’s next to deliver the solutions our customers need now.We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!